Purchase BD Amber SAE Lens?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Another FYI; I was told that SAE stamp does not make a light street legal and a "DOT" label is what will make a light street legal. Not sure if this is completely accurate as I have never seen any actual legal literature and also not sure if it varies by state.

I mean, I don’t know what the culture is like in HH, but from what I’ve seen, LE doesn’t give a whit whether you run a single busted headlight or a full complement of baja design lights or anything in between in TX. I’ve literally seen trucks lighting up LE vehicles with light bars in the ubiquitous lifted/leveled super duty, and I know at least one of them couldn’t see $hit because he was shielding his face to drive past the guy in the truck.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Squadron Sports and Squadron SAE have similar boards. In fact, the Squadron SAE board actually says Sport. But Baja tells me the boards ARE a bit different.

The Squadron SAE and Squadron wide cornering lenses are identical, with the SAE having the SAE stamp on them. Baja DOES also provide a diffuser piece with their SAE as well, which helps the cut-off. There is also a 3rd part to it... the actual optic lens that goes over the board.

So technically you could take some SAE lenses + the metal part + the optics and put it on a Sport and get similar results. Don't do this with a Pro though, you'll melt the optics. Ask me how I know this :)

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So technically you could take some SAE lenses + the metal part + the optics and put it on a Sport and get similar results. Don't do this with a Pro though, you'll melt the optics. Ask me how I know this :)
Consider yourself asked. Oh, and remember: Pictures. Or it never happened.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Another FYI; I was told that SAE stamp does not make a light street legal and a "DOT" label is what will make a light street legal. Not sure if this is completely accurate as I have never seen any actual legal literature and also not sure if it varies by state.

It varies from from one state to the next as far as what is considered legal. From a federal standpoint, the DOT has no regulation on fog lights, however they do regulate headlights. The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) has created a "Standard" for road use fog lights and many states have adopted those standards for those fog light laws. Texas, however, is not one of them.

Texas Transportation Code
Sec. 547.328
Fog Lamps Permitted

(a) A motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than two fog lamps.

(b) A fog lamp shall be:

(1) mounted on the front of the vehicle at a height from 12 to 30 inches; and

(2) aimed so that no part of the high-intensity portion of the beam from a lamp mounted to the left of center on a vehicle projects a beam of light at a distance of 25 feet that is higher than four inches below the level of the center of the lamp.

(c) Lighted fog lamps may be used with lower headlamp beams as specified by Section 547.333 (Multiple-beam Lighting Equipment Required).

Now, with all that said, there are additional regulations in Texas regarding headlights, driving lights, auxiliary lights, and fog lights. And a lot of it has to do with aim. To be safe, aim them appropriately and you'll be good to go.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions, happy to help, and we've got plenty of Baja Designs SAE and Amber SAE lights in stock.

TexasAggie94

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, I don’t know what the culture is like in HH, but from what I’ve seen, LE doesn’t give a whit whether you run a single busted headlight or a full complement of baja design lights or anything in between in TX. I’ve literally seen trucks lighting up LE vehicles with light bars in the ubiquitous lifted/leveled super duty, and I know at least one of them couldn’t see $hit because he was shielding his face to drive past the guy in the truck.
You are absolutely correct sir; I see peeps driving around with light bars blazin' on the main drag in Heights. Worry about those dudes brining any unnecessary attention to the aftermarket light owners that use them responsibly not for a rolling light show.