Pulling cash out of the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn’t mean to derail. Just saying current fiscal policy started last year and there are other significant factors in prices being high right now.

Lol, don't mean to derail, but going to throw in one more political comment anyway? But you are absolutely correct that the fiscal disaster started last year. Fiscal policy being government forcing businesses to shutdown, slowing and sometimes halting production of goods and services. Which in turn caused massive unemployment and the expected government reaction to start printing money. It started last year, and has only grown since then, though parts of government have wised up and allowed businesses to get back to business.

Derail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, don't mean to derail, but going to throw in one more political comment anyway? But you are absolutely correct that the fiscal disaster started last year. Fiscal policy being government forcing businesses to shutdown, slowing and sometimes halting production of goods and services. Which in turn caused massive unemployment and the expected government reaction to start printing money. It started last year, and has only grown since then, though parts of government have wised up and allowed businesses to get back to business.
Someone looking for me? :D

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a dealer who consigns for a client that only deals in new and used Raptors. It's a asset class of of its own.
.... For now anyways.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GCATX

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I guess the question becomes, can you refinance at the actual loan value of your used Raptor, or will a bank only finance the amount you still owe on an existing note, if you have one.

Any bankers 'round here?

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a $62K offer from Vroom today on my 2018 802a SCREW, with 42k miles. I owe less than $14k on it. Not sure how I can turn down almost $50k to get out of the truck...

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got a $62K offer from Vroom today on my 2018 802a SCREW, with 42k miles. I owe less than $14k on it. Not sure how I can turn down almost $50k to get out of the truck...

I personally wouldn't make that deal, simply because I don't think there is a vehicle under $62K that I could get into that I'll like as well as my Raptor. Sure, you can get a lot for your Raptor now, but it's a horrible time to be buying right now as well.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't make that deal, simply because I don't think there is a vehicle under $62K that I could get into that I'll like as well as my Raptor. Sure, you can get a lot for your Raptor now, but it's a horrible time to be buying right now as well.
I get it, and I like it as much as any vehicle I've ever owned. But I'm sure I can find something to live with during this market distortion, and likely buy another or an R later.