Pulling cash out of the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have zero intention of selling my Gen 2 Raptor. I wanted one for a really long time and when the pandemic hit last year, I was able to buy one under invoice. My timing on the purchase was perfect. I just don't think I will be able to buy one near the price I paid for it. The gen 2 Raptor is my favorite truck and I really like DDing. I will be keeping it for a long time to come. I did place an order for a '22 ZL1 1LE. I really hope that car gets built this year.

OP
OP
GCATX

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I have zero intention of selling my Gen 2 Raptor. I wanted one for a really long time and when the pandemic hit last year, I was able to buy one under invoice. My timing on the purchase was perfect. I just don't think I will be able to buy one near the price I paid for it. The gen 2 Raptor is my favorite truck and I really like DDing. I will be keeping it for a long time to come. I did place an order for a '22 ZL1 1LE. I really hope that car gets built this year.
I meant to use the Raptor like a bank. As the value of the truck goes up, taking an equity loan on the truck, similar to re-financing a home mortgage.

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I meant to use the Raptor like a bank. As the value of the truck goes up, taking an equity loan on the truck, similar to re-financing a home mortgage.
I may be wrong, but think you would be hard pressed to find a lender during these crazy times willing to do a cash out used car loan with high LTV and a low interest rate. Used prices could normalize anytime potentially leaving them with a bad deal.

OP
OP
GCATX

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but think you would be hard pressed to find a lender during these crazy times willing to do a cash out used car loan with high LTV and a low interest rate. Used prices could normalize anytime potentially leaving them with a bad deal.
You may be right. But the LTV would not be high, I wouldn't think.

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this once in 2000 on my 98 z71. Pulled out 5k in equity (refy) to buy wife's engagement ring. This does bring up a good question, I recently purchased 2 land lots for 31k and could sell for over 50k no problem now. I could pull out 30k on the raptor and purchase more property here in texas where everything is booming. It is hard to bet against any land purchase in texas.

Last edited: