PTP Turbo blankets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
More bling than anything. The snails are so close to the massive wheel wells so they’re cooled by air.

From my understanding, turbo blankets are for preventing heat soak in the engine compartment. Plus they’re a pain to put on.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
More bling than anything. The snails are so close to the massive wheel wells so they’re cooled by air.

From my understanding, turbo blankets are for preventing heat soak in the engine compartment. Plus they’re a pain to put on.

Kind of the opposite, turbo blankets are yo keep the heat in the turbine housing as turbos operate on flow as well as expansion of gasses. Theoretically they increase the output of the turbo.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kind of the opposite, turbo blankets are yo keep the heat in the turbine housing as turbos operate on flow as well as expansion of gasses. Theoretically they increase the output of the turbo.

Interesting and I stand corrected.

I wonder if there has been any real world testing on these. That’s a quite the sum for a turbo tea cosy.