PSA: The external lock buttons are touch-sensitive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamj2121

Reaction score
Did Ford also put this sensor on the back doors? Is it one sensor on the outside to lock and you need to touch the inside of the handle to unlock? Gen 2 never had a way to open the back doors unless you touched the front. Def a need on the back.
Nope, you still need to grab the front door handle or press the unlock button on the key fob. It can certainly be annoying in a few scenarios, but I have owned multiple 4 door vehicles and none of them have the sensors on the rear doors to unlock, so I am very much used to it at this point.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope, you still need to grab the front door handle or press the unlock button on the key fob. It can certainly be annoying in a few scenarios, but I have owned multiple 4 door vehicles and none of them have the sensors on the rear doors to unlock, so I am very much used to it at this point.
I’m used to it also. I however think this small added feature, would be of big convenience. I access the rear first in many cases. Oh well it is what it is.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That is Manufacture/Model specific because my F150 and M3's only had front door handles. BMW (X)5 series and above all had 4 doors as well as Range Rovers and above. The Few times I had a temp E550, all doors were no key access as well. The lower models tend to not have all 4 doors. I know raptors are not lower models but the entire F150 model is the same just like the 90K M3 is the same model as the BMW 320

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is Manufacture/Model specific because my F150 and M3's only had front door handles. BMW (X)5 series and above all had 4 doors as well as Range Rovers and above. The Few times I had a temp E550, all doors were no key access as well. The lower models tend to not have all 4 doors. I know raptors are not lower models but the entire F150 model is the same just like the 90K M3 is the same model as the BMW 320
That’s true. So a Raptor, Limited and Platinum trim have to inherit the same system designed for an XLT etc. and that goes for about all the other systems not specific to that trim level.

adamj2121

Reaction score
I’m used to it also. I however think this small added feature, would be of big convenience. I access the rear first in many cases. Oh well it is what it is.
Completely agree. It would be very nice to have, and wish it was there but also not a deal breaker.
Makes sense.