PSA: Check your Whipple CIA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A picture is worth a thousand words. This is the pic I posted above.
IMG_7767.jpg

Yes a picture is worth a thousand words, I SEE FOUR RIVETS IN FOUR HOLES IN THE NAME PLATE

I'm sorry and I'm not being difficult but I don't understand what your trying to get at.
I stated in my previous post that the holes probably are not drilled all the way through, I don't know don't have one to confirm.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes a picture is worth a thousand words, I SEE FOUR RIVETS IN FOUR HOLES IN THE NAME PLATE

I'm sorry and I'm not being difficult but I don't understand what your trying to get at.
I stated in my previous post that the holes probably are not drilled all the way through, I don't know don't have one to confirm.

Yes the holes are drilled all the way through, once the plate disappeared I put the stock intake back on and inspected the whipple one. I could see the light of day through the holes.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m honestly not sure if you are trolling me at this point, though I don’t know why you would. In any event, as I said above (I thought I was clear), the plate and the rivets are on a separate piece that is glued to the outside surface of the intake tube. It’s a different material (soft rubber) than the hard plastic tube. There are no holes in the tube. If that doesn’t explain it, I give up.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m honestly not sure if you are trolling me at this point, though I don’t know why you would. In any event, as I said above (I thought I was clear), the plate and the rivets are on a separate piece that is glued to the outside surface of the intake tube. It’s a different material (soft rubber) than the hard plastic tube. There are no holes in the tube. If that doesn’t explain it, I give up.

yeah were not on the same page that's for sure,
I never said the holes were on the tube, I said name plate, sorry if I wasn't clear enough.