Prototype Ford Bronco R Race Truck Fails to Finish 2019 Baja 1000

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That size wheelbase with the big open seat like the full size Broncos used to have would be perfect. A down sized Bronco 2 looking thing would be a loser in my opinion. I’m old, tall, and am going to be looking for a new rig for the wife soon. A small rig ain’t in the cards.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe I read that the new Bronco will have a 6 foot bed if they do a bed.
Otherwise it's going to be a four door.
And both would have the 26 gal. tank

If this is going to happen

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
screw >> 36 gallon gas tank
scab >> 26 gallon gas tank
below >> 16 gallon gas tank ... and maybe 250 mile range?

do you really want a 250 miles range bronco?

I’m lucky to drive a vehicle 250 miles in two weeks. Fine by me

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
LOL, you click on other links, me too.
A regular cab is just pure punishment.
I don't fit in a F150-F450 series single cab, we have a ton of them at work.
You can't put anything behind the seat, if you do you cannot slide the seat back.

View attachment 133953

I was just talking wheel base. That RCSB "Raptor" looks like it would be roughly the length of a two door full size bronco. Wishful thinking and doubtful but it's an odd size vehicle to be testing

Kuan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I truly believe that the vehicle shown above is the real bronco platform. There would be no other explanation for it since we know the bronco is on an f150 platform. Hopefully the styling is more like the initial renderings that we have seen over the last few years. If not, this whole bronco thing will be a strikeout for Ford.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
please me show me where it says the bronco is based on the f150 platform?

I truly believe that the vehicle shown above is the real bronco platform. There would be no other explanation for it since we know the bronco is on an f150 platform. Hopefully the styling is more like the initial renderings that we have seen over the last few years. If not, this whole bronco thing will be a strikeout for Ford.

Kuan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gosh - I would have to go back and dig for it, but I am pretty sure it was from Ford Authority. This was where I had seen the breakdown of the different bronco sizes - that was news to me at the time. Probably just another ford marketing blunder.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
perhaps they will make one based on the Raptor.

Gosh - I would have to go back and dig for it, but I am pretty sure it was from Ford Authority. This was where I had seen the breakdown of the different bronco sizes - that was news to me at the time. Probably just another ford marketing blunder.