Protecting your Raptor in the Winter from Corrosion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For you guys with new trucks or low mileage very clean, I would remove the bed bolts and apply anti-seize to them, especially if you do plan to keep the truck for a long time. This way you can remove the box a few years down the road and clean up your frame and undercarraige relatively easy. Just an idea, wish I had of done that back when mine was new.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For you guys with new trucks or low mileage very clean, I would remove the bed bolts and apply anti-seize to them, especially if you do plan to keep the truck for a long time. This way you can remove the box a few years down the road and clean up your frame and undercarraige relatively easy. Just an idea, wish I had of done that back when mine was new.

Is this sage advice for us Prius owners also?

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I had just read in another post that the bed bolts are now one time use items.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had just read in another post that the bed bolts are now one time use items.
Yes. The rear most 4 bolts, more specifically the U nuts they thread into. The U nuts are not threaded, the bolts thread them as you screw them down. Once the bolt and U nut have been “mated” they both need to be replaced if you take the bolt out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for a first time for any protectant on the truck, how many cans of each would you propose?
I’ve gone through 6 cans over 1.5years coating the frame and rear axle/diff.

I think I’ve got the frame covered well, the axel and diff seem to need the most touch up.

I have my mechanic hit the inner part of the frame when he has it up for an oil change. I do that 2 to 3 times a year just to be sure.

My frame and axel look as black as the day I bought it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk