Prospective Raptor Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrandonB00

Reaction score
Hey just introducing myself.I'm Brandon from Norther California and I unfortunately just bought a new Jeep Wrangler that I'm hoping Jeep will buy back due to a few issues but in the meantime I was thinking I should get familiar with the Raptor. If Jeep does buy this thing back I'm sure as hell not going to get another one and the only other vehicle that I can imagine being this fun is a Raptor. I'll probably look at good Gen1 Raptors as I can see they are holding their value maybe a little TOO well to get a new one. I'm looking forward to getting to know the truck that I should have bought.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey just introducing myself.I'm Brandon from Norther California and I unfortunately just bought a new Jeep Wrangler that I'm hoping Jeep will buy back due to a few issues but in the meantime I was thinking I should get familiar with the Raptor. If Jeep does buy this thing back I'm sure as hell not going to get another one and the only other vehicle that I can imagine being this fun is a Raptor. I'll probably look at good Gen1 Raptors as I can see they are holding their value maybe a little TOO well to get a new one. I'm looking forward to getting to know the truck that I should have bought.

Bought a ‘14. Love it. Wanted one since I saw the 2010. Glad I got a later model after reading on here.

Get one now, you won’t regret it. I can’t wait to see how this Gen battle ends. I have a feeling that the Gen 1 will reign supreme, I mean it’s a truck, it’s a V8, how can you lose? ;)

Hopefully I’m right...and it doesn’t rust out too terribly here in the IL winter salt!

Angelo1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Missing a V8 is One of the two reasons I’m holding out for the 2021 model. I just think it’s odd Ford would not have a V8 in its top 150 model. I bet if they offered two engine options(v6 or V8) the V8 would be the winner. I understand why they used the v6 but I imagine a lot of folks who buy Raptors don’t care about saving 2mpg vs having a beefy sound. V8 twin turbo would be choice though.