Prospective owner, prebuilt Raptor lifts at local dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorSoon

Reaction score
Should these be avoided?

I'm looking at something like this:

https://www.kengrodyfordsandiego.co...-raptor-4wd-crew-cab-pickup-1ftfw1rg6lfc42047

Any idea if this kind of lift would degrade ride quality? What kind of questions should I ask the dealer?

Sorry for blasting in with what is probably a dumb question to everyone.

Alternatively, if I go completely stock, is there any reason for me modify the suspension? Will it ride about as good as it ever will, on the street, in straight stock condition? I'm pretty much just looking for something that looks cool, no need to lie :)

Swaddict

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it looks like they installed Eibach springs in the front, which is a normal suspension mod. I would ask for a list of all aftermarket additions

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be very cautious. What's the actual price? It's not the sticker, that's for sure. Wheels / tires, Rigids, etc. stuff adds up. Plus most California dealers add mark up anyway.

I'm still new to the Raptor world, but it's weird seeing one with a key start, instead of the button.

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2020 Raptor comes standard with a key instead of the push button so I wouldn't let that throw you off. The big thing is just making sure that a couple lights and a set of front springs don't cost any more than you could get them yourself. Just do a little research on the added part numbers and add them up to get a rough guesstimate on what the truck "should" cost before you dedicate to it.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the actual asking price? I see color matched fenders/bumpers/skid, Rigid lights, 20" wheels/tires, Eibach springs, and fold out running boards. I'm sure the dealership is asking a premium for all that, even more so because it's in SoCal. If you love all that stuff and it's worth it to you then go for it. Otherwise I personally would not pay the dealer markup + possible ADM for that truck. My guess is they took a 64k truck and are asking 80k+ for it.

If that's how you're planning on running your truck then fine, however I can promise you'll get more enjoyment out of customizing your truck your way versus how somebody else did it. You could also do it much cheaper especially now if you were to jump on Black Friday deals.

The Eibach spring are a very common mod around here and you can find many threads on their performance and what people think of them. I'd put money that the dealer did not do the ride height adjustment on them so the truck will probably feel harsher than a stock Rap. The Raptor is very cushy stock and most people upgrade suspension to go harder off road or to tow. If you're building a truck to win the Starbucks 500, leave it stock; it's the best riding vehicle I've ever driven.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
“KG Custom“ is not a Ford authorized upfitter; it’s simply a dealer operating under a separate name to pad their bottom line by selling overpriced modified vehicles.

Everything they’ve touched is no longer warrantied through Ford, including all painted components (bumpers, fenders, etc), the aftermarket power running boards, the wheels and tires, the front suspension, etc. When the aftermarket paint job starts peeling, good luck getting it paid for by “KG Custom” without a fight.

Hdaniel85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine from Ken Grody in Buena Park, didn't have them do anything aftermarket except for window tint which was a special they were running when I bought the truck.

The buying service was pretty good, but their follow up from their KG Customs department was not up to par, especially for a simple window tint job.

Just buy an unmolested Raptor from them and if you plan on modding, take it to a reputable company, just remember that doing mods can void your warranty if the part is attributed to a failure.