Prospective buyer with a few questions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

demerson3814

Reaction score
I brought the wife and kids to test drive a Raptor before I ordered. Salesman gave me the keys and said to have fun.

I think it depends on how many performance vehicles the dealer has and how much in demand they are. I got the no test drive response trying to drive a Saleen PJ limited edition back in 2007.

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was looking to buy my Gen 2, I went to 4 local dealers around me. None of them would let me test drive. One of the dealers I stopped by to ask for clarification on pricing since CarGuru's showed the truck was $4500 off MSRP. I even walked in and reiterated several times I wanted clarification since it was uncommon in our market. The sales rep said "CarGuru, what in the world is that?" and another sales guy chimed in and said "they sell for $5k over sticker, all f-ing day long" with a dramatic expression, in front of several other customers in the showroom. I got up and walked out, went to a PA dealer the week after and bought my truck at a dealer who let me test drive it and wanted to work with me.

Best part was, I drove by that specific dealer several times after for a few weeks... none of those Gen 2's sold lol. But I thought they sold all day long???!

Good deals are to be found. Go to a dealer that WANTS your business and doesn't act like they don't need you.

OP
OP
R

Roy Nichols

Reaction score
Thank you guys again for the replies! Raisins, I’d take the truck to the dealer that claimed he can sell them all day long...for any warranty work you might need. Rub. It. In.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I knew I wanted a Raptor. I knew it would drive like a truck, a badass truck. I didn’t need no test drive. What the heck can you tell from 10 or 15 minutes behind the wheel anyway?

When I went to test drive a Porsche, the salesman copied my license, literally threw me the key and said have fun. Now that’s a test drive. 6 Porsches later I ought to know. Lol.

Gen2Vmax

Reaction score
I went to a dealer dressed like a bum, my days off I wear sweat pants, hoodie, and sneakers. I wear a uniform for work so when I am off, I dress very casuals don't care what others think. I drove up in a 2014 Wrangler, nothing special. They handed me the keys no problem. Any dealer who puts that requirement, lost a potential sale, I have never purchased a big ticket item like a vehicle without having driven one first. Either that or you could of just said sure I am buying drove it then went else where.

Last edited:

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys again for the replies! Raisins, I’d take the truck to the dealer that claimed he can sell them all day long...for any warranty work you might need. Rub. It. In.

I thought about it, but the time I'd waste to prove something to idiots wasn't worth it to me lol