Prospective buyer - must have accessories?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
They should add a factory option for a crushable prius they deliver to your home, which you could drive over with your Rap.

Some recovery gear would be nice, safety equipment, on board air maybe or at least an optional portable compressor.

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the 802a so I wouldnt be in the boat "I wish my truck came with that when I bought it..." I have everything except the Ricaro interior which I'm glad I didnt get because I want comfort lol
I havent had any issues with my moonroof (2018 and knock on wood). I use mine almost daily because I love the extra breeze

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love those raptor stickers on the side... Those are some fine stickers... $1000 bucks a piece... not to shabby.

ok. Could have done without them, but the truck was exactly how I wanted save the beadlock wheels. I picked them up from a friendly forum member at a later date. I got the 802a package with tech Package and glad I did. I could do without Those sensing wipers... but I don’t use them much anyways. I keep rainX on my windshield and helps a lot in the frequent Florida downpours.

Rollofire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Order you truck from factory Sunroof delete they are trouble almost always, add tailgate steps they are a must, no spray in bedliner as its crap have line-X do it much better same price!

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't listen to the trolls talking about the sunroof. I've never had an issue and people think they are problematic because of the complaints they hear. People without issues don't complain so the wide majority don't have issues. If there were common issues Ford would have fixed them. Having said that there is a TSB for lubrication for those that have had issues and there have been rarer issues requiring replacement. If you like open air and/or open roof style then get it with confidence...if that's not your thing then don't get it.

Tailgate step is a must have IMO.

Spray in bed liner is not as good as line-x and costs the same amount of money. Factory is fine so get it if you want...I did...but I'd have gone line-x if I had it to do over.

You need the 360 camera and whatever package gives you trailer blind spot monitoring if you tow. The camera is a must have for parking.

The Recaro's are controversial. I got em...LOVE EM!...but others don't like em. They are heated and cooled and are just as durable if not more so than the stock leather but they are a certain shade of blue not everyone likes. I got a blue truck and I love how they look and I love how they feel compared to the stock leather. They keep you more planted and a little better bolstering. I notice the more planted feeling but the bolstering not so much but I'm not a large guy.

Bed extender is a mixed bag...don't use em much but glad they are there...take up more room than I'd like. I'd probably do it again but wish I didn't have to.

Rear heated seats have been appreciated by guests a few times.

802a/technology package.....I use it all

Tow package is great but the backup assist thing doesn't impress me with all the setup required. I don't use it and probably never will. Having a class III hitch and both 7pin and 4 pin built in is helpful

Stickers were a waste of money as you can buy the exact ones aftermarket and save 2k

IMO the Torsen fron diff is a must have. Using left foot braking it's almost as good as a front locker without the binding.

Last edited:

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
funny I have a tailgate step and don’t use it, I step right up on the gate, I’m only 6’ and I have deaver +4s
so I’m the lone no vote for the step

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
funny I have a tailgate step and don’t use it, I step right up on the gate, I’m only 6’ and I have deaver +4s
so I’m the lone no vote for the step

Not the only one. One of two. :D I've been in and out of the bed fifty or more times in two months and I used it once, to test it. I used to be six foot, but I've shrunk, and I have short legs for my height. It's a waste of money if you're fit and under 70. But it's so popular that the OP probably will want it. Actually, given that the order deadline for 2020 has passed, he's stuck with whatever is in dealer inventory, which tends to be all optioned up to raise the profit margin. Moonroof, stickers, wheels, step, he's up almost six grand out of the gate for a bunch of worthless junk.

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not the only one. One of two. :D I've been in and out of the bed fifty or more times in two months and I used it once, to test it. I used to be six foot, but I've shrunk, and I have short legs for my height. It's a waste of money if you're fit and under 70. But it's so popular that the OP probably will want it. Actually, given that the order deadline for 2020 has passed, he's stuck with whatever is in dealer inventory, which tends to be all optioned up to raise the profit margin. Moonroof, stickers, wheels, step, he's up almost six grand out of the gate for a bunch of worthless junk.

personally I think it’s safer not using the step but anyway when I’m 70 in 5 years I’ll make you eat your words about your age limit young man

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
personally I think it’s safer not using the step but anyway when I’m 70 in 5 years I’ll make you eat your words about your age limit young man

I hope so. And thanks for calling me young. LOL I'm only a couple of years behind you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free