Proper Break-in process for Gen 3:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am curious about this as well.

It all depends on what you are comparing... gen 2 truck had the plastic pan and the plastic 1/4 turn pan cap from 17- mid 2018. The metal pan the Ford reverted back to is on mid-2018 through present engines.

tchan012

Reaction score
It all depends on what you are comparing... gen 2 truck had the plastic pan and the plastic 1/4 turn pan cap from 17- mid 2018. The metal pan the Ford reverted back to is on mid-2018 through present engines.
the videos I see about changing your own oil in gen 2, talk about how the oil drain nut is a little recessed and you can end up spilling all the old oil on your skid plate and through that to your floor. One guy on YT fabricates a channel using a paper plate to route it to the drain pan. Just wondering if it is the same set up in gen 3?

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the videos I see about changing your own oil in gen 2, talk about how the oil drain nut is a little recessed and you can end up spilling all the old oil on your skid plate and through that to your floor. One guy on YT fabricates a channel using a paper plate to route it to the drain pan. Just wondering if it is the same set up in gen 3?
Yes, it's the same.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score