Project THOR 2017 Raptor Build by RaptorCoastie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RaptorCoastie

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
why did you choose the VR-10. will the platinum not fit?

Correct. Warn had initially sent me the ZEON 10-S Platinum based on measurements we thought would work. Turns out it's too wide. The VR10-S is a perfect fit.

If you want your truck to be as tough as possible wouldn't an aftermarket bumper work better? That winch mount and those lights are super clean though. I can't wait to see the final product.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Though an aftermarket bumper would work "better" to possibly ram someone or against damage, I really really enjoy the look of this factory bumper. Another important factor of this truck is the grey man approach. Looking less capable than you really are. It's also being smart enough that maybe instead of ramming something, you have the capability to back up and go around. The costs (literally and figuratively) do not outweigh any benefit I would receive in my eyes. If I wanted something indestructible, I would have just kept my last truck. This truck has the same objective, with a slightly different set of capabilities. One of which doesn't include any aftermarket bumpers.

vr4henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing what needs to be trimmed. I really like the outcome, just very hesitant to remove metal.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you planning to keep the lower grille off? Or just going to cut out a section for the rope to feed thru?