Production update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ORDER BANK STATUS:

Through a recent Ford update, we've received some good news in regards to Ford's retail ordering on F-150s.

As of 6/28/21 ther are 6,113 Retail orders in the system for the new F-150.

For comparison:
113,553 Broncos
18,416 Super Duty
6,113 F-150
5,919 Mustang Mach E
4,407 Explorer
38,798 Subtotal (Non-Broncos)
152,351 Total

I thought the backlog of retail orders would be much higher. So that is good news that the Retail orders are prioritized over stock. The biggest hold up we've seen is that the average retail order is coming in on the higher trim level (lariat or higher) versus the XL, XLT trucks that require less microchips for production.

PRODUCTION UPDATE:

Just wanted to drop a quick update for those of you who have ordered or are considering ordering a new F-150.

Raptor Update - There is NO Raptor allocation for this month's wholesale. That means no dealers will get more Raptor production unless they have received it already. The final month of 2021 Raptor allocation (there were only 2) will be next month and that will be model year build-out for 2021 (i.e. Last call for 2021).

Delivery Timing - For the F-150 your Delivery time goes as follows
In-transit - Expect it in August
In-System - August/September Delivery
Balance to schedule (doesn't have a VIN yet but in the system) - September/October
If you place a order today, expect to receive the truck in October at the earliest maybe November.

Plant Downtime - Both the Kansas City and Dearborn plants had scheduled down time in July. As of now, we are expecting both plants to be up all of August. At least they have not communicated to us dealers that they will be down.
this was posted on gen14 forums by granger ford. my takeaway first is the date . it as of end of june most likely ther are more orders in by now. the other is the raptor update. for those of us with a vin we are good. those with orders in without a vin should see something this month.

Ragnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ORDER BANK STATUS:

Through a recent Ford update, we've received some good news in regards to Ford's retail ordering on F-150s.

As of 6/28/21 ther are 6,113 Retail orders in the system for the new F-150.

For comparison:
113,553 Broncos
18,416 Super Duty
6,113 F-150
5,919 Mustang Mach E
4,407 Explorer
38,798 Subtotal (Non-Broncos)
152,351 Total

I thought the backlog of retail orders would be much higher. So that is good news that the Retail orders are prioritized over stock. The biggest hold up we've seen is that the average retail order is coming in on the higher trim level (lariat or higher) versus the XL, XLT trucks that require less microchips for production.

PRODUCTION UPDATE:

Just wanted to drop a quick update for those of you who have ordered or are considering ordering a new F-150.

Raptor Update - There is NO Raptor allocation for this month's wholesale. That means no dealers will get more Raptor production unless they have received it already. The final month of 2021 Raptor allocation (there were only 2) will be next month and that will be model year build-out for 2021 (i.e. Last call for 2021).

Delivery Timing - For the F-150 your Delivery time goes as follows
In-transit - Expect it in August
In-System - August/September Delivery
Balance to schedule (doesn't have a VIN yet but in the system) - September/October
If you place a order today, expect to receive the truck in October at the earliest maybe November.

Plant Downtime - Both the Kansas City and Dearborn plants had scheduled down time in July. As of now, we are expecting both plants to be up all of August. At least they have not communicated to us dealers that they will be down.
this was posted on gen14 forums by granger ford. my takeaway first is the date . it as of end of june most likely ther are more orders in by now. the other is the raptor update. for those of us with a vin we are good. those with orders in without a vin should see something this month.
Thanks for the information. Just hoping I get a build date soon. Still unscheduled. Ordered on June 11th.

Reaction score
Any word on 2022 Raptor production? I called around and everyone around me is selling their 2021 Raptors 10k above MSRP, so I just went ahead and ordered a 2022 at MSRP.