Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Procharger Question

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by jpwrx2002, Oct 17, 2018.

1. jpwrx2002

jpwrx2002 Full Access Member

Guys with DSC1 procharger and long tube headers. What size pulley are you running to make 5-6lbs Of boost? My truck has a custom pulley and makes 3-4. I’m installing long tubes this weekend and want to see 5-6 with the headers and new pulley.

Thanks

2. MaTm

MaTm Full Access Member

I don't have long tubes. I also have a 6.2L, but I do have a D1SC. I believe the system should be making more like 8-9 lbs. I wouldn't expect to lose 3+ lbs from headers, but I could be wrong.

Do you have a proper tune? I would get it dyno tuned and not trust an out of the box tune.

3. MaTm

MaTm Full Access Member

Your boost numbers will actually go down a bit by installing long tubes. Is your boost gauge working properly?

4. Dane

Dane FRF Addict

Also, are you at any kind of altitude? It makes a difference.

5. jpwrx2002

The current pulley is a custom pulley to run less boost. I’m looking to run 5-6 with the headers and need to know what pulley will get me there.

6. MaTm

MaTm Full Access Member

What size is the pulley you are running now? If I remember correctly, the D1SC pulley is 3.4" that gets you 7-8 lbs.

You'll lose some boost with the headers. Just curious, why are you only wanting to run 5-6 #s?

7. jpwrx2002

Truck came with a custom sized pulley from previous owner. I ended up gong to the 3.7