Procharger belt replacement?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just ordered mine since it started tweedy birding this summer.
That's a tell tale sign that it needs replacing.
You and I have extra long serpentine belts and that takes a toll on the Tensioner.

I usually order from Ford Tasca parts, even with shipping it's still cheaper than going down to my local dealer.
Tasca always runs discounts.

Part NumberPart NamePriceQuantityTotal
AL3Z-6B209-CAccessory Drive Belt Tensioner Assembly$49.531$49.53

Subtotal: $49.53
Estimated Shipping to 11385 via Standard Shipping: $11.01
Tax: $5.38
Total: $65.92

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want to add that it is important to check and retighten the belt after 100-200 mile,
these belts stretch a good 3/8" to 1/2" at these lengths.

Changing your oil often is always a good idea with forced air induction but you did mention you do that already.
I use Mobil1 Extended Performance oil and still change it every 3000 miles, which for me is twice a year.

MAF sensor cleaner is a good idea to do every month or two.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T
Reaction score
I want to add that it is important to check and retighten the belt after 100-200 mile,
these belts stretch a good 3/8" to 1/2" at these lengths.

Changing your oil often is always a good idea with forced air induction but you did mention you do that already.
I use Mobil1 Extended Performance oil and still change it every 3000 miles, which for me is twice a year.

MAF sensor cleaner is a good idea to do every month or two.
Thanks again for all the info man, soo i did have too loosen all bolts and slip the belt through, new tensioner and belt installed. Seems to be making a weird gringing noise now. May be making it a little less than at first cause ive only driven the truck maybe 15miles total. Do you think this is a sign my belt is too tight or out of alignment? I figure the alignment would be good using the spacers and all..i have to go back to work next week and really just want to make sure this thing is dialed in. Also, watching in ag idle i do see the new tensioner arm jump occasionally...any input would be much appreciated.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input man, greatly appreciated! I’ve done routine oil changes on it but is there any other maintenance you recommend? And I can’t find the tensioner online, do you have the part # I can look up? Thanks in advance
Also i cleaned the MAF sensor and throttle body a few days ago while waiting for the belt to arrive.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The tensioner has a set spring pressure so it won't hurt bearings.
And yes the tensioner should bounce a little, that's normal.
I have my belt tensioner as close as possible to the harmonic balancer as possible, don't forget the belt WILL stretch.

As far as this grinding noise, I'm not sure if that's normal.
I do know the Procharger is noisy from videos heard on here in posts.
Try doing a search for Procharger noise.