Problems with HWY 41 in Milwaukee...Very strange issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REX111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in WI. I haven't had this happen in my Gen 2, however I don't use android auto. I use apple carplay.

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues in my Gen 1. Maybe some interference with the Park Place towers?? Not sure what antennas are up there.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And it will continue to happen until my Packers start playing like a real team again.

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And it will continue to happen until my Packers start playing like a real team again.
That was a big win yesterday. If we can beat the Titans on Thursday I'll be feeling pretty good.

Ok, mark this as one of the most random issues I have seen with a vehicle. This one goes out to my fellow Wisconsin owners. When traveling either north or south bound on HWY 41 and I go under the Good Hope Road bridge, my infotainment screen, gauges, and Android Auto all go black and then restart. I thought the first time it was just a fluke but Saturday on the way down and yesterday on the way back through everything went black and came back on. Does anyone have experience with an issue like this? I know occasionally these screens can go out but its happened at least 4 times in the exact same spot. I was driving for different amounts of time when each happened and it happens only when I cross under that bridge. Anyone from Milwaukee experience this? My guess is some sort of signal is getting blocked and causes the truck to re-search for it but it doesn't do that in parking garages or areas like that. I wanted to do my test yesterday before I thought I was going crazy and it seems to be connected to that bridge for some reason. I am at a loss.
Strange. Never had my Gen 1 through there but can't recall ever having an issue with other vehicles.

Last edited:

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed that my Gen 2 infotainment system seemed to be freezing at the same location every time, about 1/4 mile down the street from my house. I finally realized that it seemed to be related to me plugging my iPhone in and activating CarPlay--when the truck/phone left the coverage of my home wifi, it would freeze until I rebooted it and everything would then connect to the cellular network and work just fine.