Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Problem with Fox 3.0

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modification' started by Buzzard2, Feb 26, 2020.

Fox - Redefining Ride Dynamics
  1. Buzzard2

Buzzard2 Full Access Member

Driver side front DSC adjustable, I am unable to adjust the high speed knob by hand when I put a small pair of channelocks on it I can turn it but it just spins never stops in the open or closed position. Called fox and spoke to a lady in the service division to say she was less than knowledgeable is a understatement. Everytime I asked her a question she had to ask someone else for an answer. The shock is still under warranty. My question if anybody knows can I just send in the Reservoir and still drive the truck? or do I need to park it for 2+ weeks until the Reservoir comes back? Fox is not real user friendly and am a little upset with them at the moment. I originally emailed them and they have not responded at all to the email the return process is a little cumbersome to put it mildly.

2. B E N

B E N Full Access Member

Who did you buy the shocks through? You might try emailing them and see if they will work with you.

3. Booth9999

Booth9999 FRF Addict

No you can’t drive it with the reservoir disconnected, it will not hold pressure. Also blend off the pressure before you disconnect the hose, also have the capabilities to recharge the nitrogen. I would have a shop do it.

4. Buzzard2

Buzzard2 Full Access Member

Bought it online so don’t think they could help. Don’t really want to remove the whole coil over but may have to this is going to be a real PIA.

5. Gimmesand

Gimmesand Member

This is what i would do if I was in the situation. If I didn’t have a stock set of shocks to swap in temporarily while I sent that bad 3.0 in for service, I’d buy another shock and return the bad one. Ya it’s money out of your pocket for the time being but it would be the only way to get it squared away IF Fox doesn’t help you out.

Booth9999 likes this.
  6. Canuck714

Canuck714 Full Access Member

If you are in "Sin City" Vegas has a bunch of off road shops that can service the shock.
    Start calling around, or stopping by some Desert Fab, or race shops. Most will be able to service a 3.0 as long as they have the parts.

I have DSC as well, can move both clickers by hand. However, one of my shocks does not like to turn if I have the front end up off the ground and is at full droop.
    DO NOT force it with channel locks, you will do more damage to the detentes that make it have the "click" feeling.

Booth9999 likes this.