Probably an expensive butter fingered move…need advice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LoL at you bitching up the integrated screen in your truck that is, by the way, equipped with CarPlay/Android integration so you could apparently mount two phones on the dash. Maybe one is for an iPad or a gaming console? All this in a vehicle that is already pretty unsafe from a pedestrian point of view as there is about 30 feet in front of the truck you can't see as delivered from the factory. You've gone one better and decided to make it 40 feet by blocking your view with some phones. Well done.

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LoL at you bitching up the integrated screen in your truck that is, by the way, equipped with CarPlay/Android integration so you could apparently mount two phones on the dash. Maybe one is for an iPad or a gaming console? All this in a vehicle that is already pretty unsafe from a pedestrian point of view as there is about 30 feet in front of the truck you can't see as delivered from the factory. You've gone one better and decided to make it 40 feet by blocking your view with some phones. Well done.
From the driver's POV those phones probably don't extend above the hood line. Also, why are you so upset? Who hurt you?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve also heard of people using Vaseline or a similar thick petroleum type jelly to fill small cracks and chips in phone screens before being covered by tempered glass protector. Not sure how it would hold up under high temps, though. Maybe a clear high-temp RTV?
If you're thinking of putting Vaseline on your head unit, I'd ask @Oldfart for advice first. He is a bona fide expert at that ....

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i bet it has a thin plastic protection film over the screen, and that's what is damaged.. there's some companies out there that make screen protection films, so hopefully you can just peel the oem one and install an aftermarket one.. might have to pull the trim piece to get to the edge of the screen to see it though...

heres a tempered glass, matte, anti fingerprint one.. ive bought all my phone accessories for years from spigen..

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I understand wanting access to you’re phones, but that’s ugly. I’ll stick to the little slot by the shifter