Pro power on board

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heisenberg23

Reaction score
20220414_144827.jpghas anyone here had this problem I have been to the dealer 3 times and problem is still not solved and they just keep guessing and trying different things but nothing has worked it is only affecting the pro power on board can't use it because it doesn't allow me to turn it on abs it's getting real frustrating hope someone can help thank you for any info definitely appreciate it

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most State's lemon laws require a buy back after 3 unsuccessful attempts to repair one particular problem. In light of the scarce market for these trucks, you probably don't want to have it bought back, however, if you start the buy back process, Ford will assign someone to oversee the repair so that its rectified and addressed correctly. You may want to give it a try and see if you get better results.
Sorry to hear about your problem. Hope you get it fixed.

OP
OP
Heisenberg23

Heisenberg23

Reaction score
Most State's lemon laws require a buy back after 3 unsuccessful attempts to repair one particular problem. In light of the scarce market for these trucks, you probably don't want to have it bought back, however, if you start the buy back process, Ford will assign someone to oversee the repair so that its rectified and addressed correctly. You may want to give it a try and see if you get better results.
Sorry to hear about your problem. Hope you get it fixed.
Oh ok new york is 4 times they ordered a new inverter but I will definitely try that thank you

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pro-Power on board has a separate alternator and works on a 24v system. So please explain why/what leads you to believe your issue is related to pro-power?

This question is NOT ment to be argumentative. You could be 100% correct, but without an answer I can't help much.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh ok new york is 4 times they ordered a new inverter but I will definitely try that thank you
Double check your state's laws.
And really you would lemon law a vehicle that is basically not replaceable right now.
Lemon law gets your money back and then under current situation you are a year for replacement. Give them long enough they will fix it.

Being in the business I can say, 85% of the time the customer is their worst enemy.

OP
OP
Heisenberg23

Heisenberg23

Reaction score
Pro-Power on board has a separate alternator and works on a 24v system. So please explain why/what leads you to believe your issue is related to pro-power?

This question is NOT ment to be argumentative. You could be 100% correct, but without an answer I can't help much.
No I totally understand every time I start the truck that warning comes on and I press the button to turn pro power on board on and it says its unavailable they replaced the alternator already as well now they are trying to put a new converter in sorry I'm horrible at explaining shit lol

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is true that if you escalate the issue to "buy back" Ford will do everything possible to fix it. Also understand you will be basically labeled an a$$hole. After it is repaired I would suggest you find another dealer. Just saying.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No I totally understand every time I start the truck that warning comes on and I press the button to turn pro power on board on and it says its unavailable they replaced the alternator already as well now they are trying to put a new converter in sorry I'm horrible at explaining shit lol
No worries, you are doing fine. if the main charging system is having issues the pro-power is off line. This isn't because pro-power can't work but that the engine and base electrical system have to be 100%.

Kind of the same as if you have a check engine light on the remote start won't work. it would be to much work to program each individual error possible into the system and tell it yes or no on remote start operation.

Just easier to cancel all operation due to error.

OP
OP
Heisenberg23

Heisenberg23

Reaction score
No worries, you are doing fine. if the main charging system is having issues the pro-power is off line. This isn't because pro-power can't work but that the engine and base electrical system have to be 100%.

Kind of the same as if you have a check engine light on the remote start won't work. it would be to much work to program each individual error possible into the system and tell it yes or no on remote start operation.

Just easier to cancel all operation due to error.
Oh so this problem could be something that has nothing to do with that at all the mechanic at the dealership said that when they plug it in its saying to replace that 2nd alternator so they did that and the same thing comes up telling them to replace it even with a new one in so now they are replacing the inverter under the rear driver side seat and there not sure that's gonna work either

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let me look at the service manual and double a check a couple things. But yea. The pro-power it is own system for the most part. (Integrated into the vehicle of course).