Pro Eagle Jack Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a 2 1/2 year old Pro Eagle 2 ton big wheel and one of the 2 spring pump pistons is sticking in the down position. I can take a screw driver and eventually get it to return.

So I called Pro Eagle yesterday & the lady said the entire pump is not serviceable. So you must purchase a new pump for $60. Has anyone had similar problems and had any luck trying to repair or rebuild their pumps?

Pretty disappointing considering the cost & reputation of these Jack's!

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/pro-eagle-great-customer-service.76450/#post-1487424

Troubleman

Reaction score
Wow, I’m glad that I’m seeing this because I’ve been eyeballing these jacks even prior to purchasing my truck. It’s better to have something that nothing but you’re right, for that price it seems like the pump should last for a long time. How often have you used that jack and did you mount it within the bed of your truck?

Thomas_JohnDoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
imo pro eagle is overrated, its just a cheap Chinese made jack with big wheels, btw I have the same 2 ton sitting it the bed of the truck

OP
OP
Erjdrvr

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I’m glad that I’m seeing this because I’ve been eyeballing these jacks even prior to purchasing my truck. It’s better to have something that nothing but you’re right, for that price it seems like the pump should last for a long time. How often have you used that jack and did you mount it within the bed of your truck?
I had it in the bed of my old Gen2 for almost 2 years. I have 2 sets of tires so I would use it 3-4 times a year. Since receiving my Gen3 in mid Sept. I've probably used it maybe 10 times.

Attachments

• 20190527_120429.jpg
    20190527_120429.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
Erjdrvr

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
imo pro eagle is overrated, its just a cheap Chinese made jack with big wheels, btw I have the same 2 ton sitting it the bed of the truck
Guess so...explains why they don't offer a rebuild kit!!

I've also been researching the Harbor Freight jacks. Although once you spend the bucks to convert to big wheel and add mounts the price gets up there!

Thomas_JohnDoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess so...explains why they don't offer a rebuild kit!!

I've also been researching the Harbor Freight jacks. Although once you spend the bucks to convert to big wheel and add mounts the price gets up there!
I have HF jack too, its over 10 years old and it never gave me a single problem. It looks like Eagle took HF jack put on big wheels, marketed the **** out of it and added $400 on top of it

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the OP has another issue, but my pro eagle needs to be bled from time to time. Open the valve 2 turns, 10 pumps and its back to normal. Maybe hit the outside of the valve with some spray lube and try to work it in? Mines been mounted in the back of my truck for years and thats what I do from time to time.