Pro Eagle jack and JDS custom plate install Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased the Pro Eagle Standard 2 ton and cradle. I also got the JDS Customs mounting plate. The JDS Customs plate has remained the same and has 4 weld bolts on the plate to mount the Pro Eagle cradle to. I found out the hard way that Pro Eagle has changed the 4 bolt holes and they no longer match up to the mount plate. I kept 2 of the holes in the cradle and drilled two new ones to match. The problem is the holes are very close to the edge because you cant move the cradle any further back or the jack will hit the tailgate. Glad I checked it mocked up first before I started drilling. I dont know what Pro Eagle makes that cradle out of, but its strong/hard AF. Bring your A game drill bits. I have no doubt that thing will last until the end of time. Also found the mount bolts that connect the JDS and the cradle are too long. After connecting them, I had to cut the bolts off. Im glad I got the JDS spacers because the bed mat was thicker than I thought. I alsot got the low pro hinge mounts for a future tire mount. Mounted them at a 45 degree angle. After all the min fab work, it came out amazing. Fits perfect.

IMG_7745.jpg

IMG_7752.jpg

IMG_7753.jpg

IMG_7754.jpg

IMG_7755.jpg

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in this or the KHC setup or possibly a DIY deal, I need to get a jack mounted along with a spare in time for The Mint 400. Looks good though!

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know if the mount can go toward the front of the bed instead of the rear ? I am not sure if the bolt spacing is the same. I would measure but have a bed rug and it would be a PITA I have a 3 ton and mount just havnt installed it yet.

Edit never mind just found in another thread it will not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

BrianR

Reaction score
Do you know if the mount can go toward the front of the bed instead of the rear ? I am not sure if the bolt spacing is the same. I would measure but have a bed rug and it would be a PITA I have a 3 ton and mount just havnt installed it yet.

Edit never mind just found in another thread it will not

I have the 3 ton pro eagle and JDS set up with everything in the back. I guess I like the idea of having the weight in the rear. Reality is I want to put things in the back of the bed way more often than I have to make a sub-2 minute tire change. to do it again I would have everything in front of bed.

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 3 ton pro eagle and JDS set up with everything in the back. I guess I like the idea of having the weight in the rear. Reality is I want to put things in the back of the bed way more often than I have to make a sub-2 minute tire change. to do it again I would have everything in front of bed.
I just ordered the JDS mount. I am going to see if I can figure out a way to mount it toward the front.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the JDS mount. I am going to see if I can figure out a way to mount it toward the front.

What did you end up doing with your mount location?

Morrisabm

Reaction score
I just installed JDS mount in my truck. They now make a mount that places it toward the cab of the truck. The tires strap down directly behind the jack in the middle of the bed leaving the rear section near the tailgate for tools or coolers.