Pro Clip Phone mount anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason Krakauer

Reaction score
I've run one for a couple of years, have had a ProClip holder in each of my cars going back 15+ years. The F150 mount is pretty great, nice height - top of the dash - I was worried it'd block some of the view off center, but honestly - not a factor - and it's much easier to see your phone than lower mounts. The clip, itself, is non-invasive ... it's like a 2' long, part clips over the dash near the winshield and the other side clips to the top of the dash (friction fit). Done plenty of off-roading w/ my iPhone sitting in the holster and it's never come lose.

I don't have a pic handy, but if you need to see it mounted up - I could grab one. I'm sure there are other holders that work as well - but this is a pretty simple solution w/o any permanent mounting to worry about.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Do you have to stick a disk to dash? I can’t imagine the dash is metal there. Ty.

and totally agree about AC vent clips.
Yes on the sticking metal disk to dash. I am throughly impressed that it holds my phone and iPad w/o coming off while off-roading.
I had looked at all sorts of fancy arms and tablet holders that mount similar to the Patrol Car set ups.
I personally hate anything sticking up over the dash line of sight. I need to see my approach angles. The camera works great but it’s kind of like looking through the old PVS4 NVG’s
You loose depth perception. It won’t bother most folks but I’m OCD about obstructed vision.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes on the sticking metal disk to dash. I am throughly impressed that it holds my phone and iPad w/o coming off while off-roading.
I had looked at all sorts of fancy arms and tablet holders that mount similar to the Patrol Car set ups.
I personally hate anything sticking up over the dash line of sight. I need to see my approach angles. The camera works great but it’s kind of like looking through the old PVS4 NVG’s
You loose depth perception. It won’t bother most folks but I’m OCD about obstructed vision.
Yeah, I had the built right dash mount with the cf arms and ram mount balls. Never liked the look.

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had a proclip in my 2007 tundra that blocked the air vent but that was still a good option since I had to touch the phone for calls and see it for navigation.

No need to install one with my Gen3 .. my iPhone 12 Pro Max is typically in the phone slot next to the shifter since carplay works really well so I never need to directly touch the phone or I have it on the cordless charger.

Spooky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used Pro Clip mounts on all of my vehicles for the last 15 years or so: 2001 Crown Vic, 2004 Expedition, 2010 FJ Cruiser, 2017 Wrangler Unlimited without any issues. Sometimes when you hit a large bump, the phone unteathers from the cable, but that the only issues I've seen. Good solid mounts in unobtrusive locations.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
had a proclip in my 2007 tundra that blocked the air vent but that was still a good option since I had to touch the phone for calls and see it for navigation.

No need to install one with my Gen3 .. my iPhone 12 Pro Max is typically in the phone slot next to the shifter since carplay works really well so I never need to directly touch the phone or I have it on the cordless charger.
I hear ya and you make a good point. I’m not a big fan of CarPlay. I use Waze all the time and just prefer it on the phone.

Johndeere99

Reaction score
Have 5 pro clip mounts in use and happy with all of them. All use magnet mounts with metal slid in back of phone

case. Gen 1, Gen 2, Navigator, Explorer and Edge.