Pro Charger: your review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FAMARO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IS anyone here running a Pro Charger system? If, so what tune are you running, did you install it yourself and what is your opinion of the system.

Last edited:

WyoWes

Reaction score
I have a pro Charger on my raptor installed by Hennessey. The 6.2 motor has pretty weak internals and if you install it yourself you are going to get push back from Ford if something goes wrong. I had the #6 hole go away and my local ford dealer wouldn't touch it because of the SC. Called Hennessey they picked up the truck and they are dealing with Ford and the problem is getting solved. Have a reputable shop do the work is well worth the money when things go bad. Hennessey provides the tune and works with you to adjust based on where you live.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IS anyone here running a Pro Charger system? If, so what tune are you running, did you install it yourself and what is your options of the system

Is there a reason you want to go with Pro? Since you have a 5.4L there are plenty of systems out there for you to chose from...

OP
OP
FAMARO

FAMARO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a reason you want to go with Pro? Since you have a 5.4L there are plenty of systems out there for you to chose from...

It seemed fairly easy install over the Edelbrock unit. I have a buddy that has a procharger on his stang and he is pleased with it.
Im not set on one system, just kicking tires. What say you?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seemed fairly easy install over the Edelbrock unit. I have a buddy that has a procharger on his stang and he is pleased with it.
Im not set on one system, just kicking tires. What say you?

Well, they both need to same things to run. Both need new injectors and that means working on the top in the intake... Shit, just a few more bolts and the intake is off... For me, I the look and extra performance of the top screw chargers over the FEAD mounted ones... and the small amount of extra work isnt a bother to me... But, thats an opinion too... ha ha ha

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We had a truck with a pro charger on it here in the shop a while back. I personally wasn't a huge fan of their system. The boots seemed fairly weak and the centrifugal supercharger itself was super loud and annoying. My opinion though, some may prefer it. I'm more much excited to get our pallet of whipples for the 6.2!

OP
OP
FAMARO

FAMARO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had a truck with a pro charger on it here in the shop a while back. I personally wasn't a huge fan of their system. The boots seemed fairly weak and the centrifugal supercharger itself was super loud and annoying. My opinion though, some may prefer it. I'm more much excited to get our pallet of whipples for the 6.2!

Thanks, glad to hear it from you and others.