Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

GEN 2 PRNDM console lights

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Interior Forum [GEN 2]' started by SBG, Mar 30, 2018.

1. FordTechOne

FordTechOne FRF Addict

When you sell a million of anything a year, even a dollar in savings per unit matter. The illuminated console is redundant; the gear selector position is displayed in the Instrument Cluster along with the current transmission gear. I don't think I've ever once looked down at my '19 shift lever to see the position; it's displayed right in front of me.

The money saved by costing-out a redundant system like this allows the manufacturer to re-invest money in product development. Upgrades like the '19 Live Valve shocks and expanded Instrument Cluster parameter displays all have an associated cost. Product development can't just continue to add more expensive components and technology without justifying the cost by either raising the price of the vehicle, or eliminating cost somewhere else.

Johnkn likes this.
  2. PatagoniaDan

PatagoniaDan Full Access Member

Have you guys tried the dimmer setting also to make sure? Mine used to light up and then everything went dark after a system reset and it stopped illuminating. I thought something was wrong but just had to hold down the button to increase the illumination.

3. Stroked out

Stroked out Full Access Member

Have you tried the cheat code for the lights. I believe it's up up down down left right left right a b start. Some here will get it

4. Traffic22

Traffic22 Full Access Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Jonesy_PNW

Jonesy_PNW Member

Also 2020 802a tech package here. No illumination and no plug underneath the center console either. No biggie for me I was just curious to see if there was a plug or not!

6. dreys

dreys Full Access Member

Spliced the wire. 2019 and up trucks no longer have a plug. Read my post carefully:

7. Pienoe

Pienoe Member

I don't drive a lot at night and just noticed a couple of days ago that the letters were not lit after having my 2020 for two months. Searched and got here to this thread. Looks like it's working as intended and I'm glad to have access to the information here.

I briefly considered doing the mod described up thread and removed the rubber tray in the middle to explore. Mine does not have the Torx screws and also there does not appear to be a separate piece surrounding just the shifter and cup holders. It looks like the console top is a solid piece going from up under the dash to the storage compartment. So, the mod would be a bear, if even possible on this model even though I wasn't inclined to do it anyhow.

Without an indicator showing what gear you're in, the letters are pointless. I don't know why they even have them there unless it's a part used in other models that do light and have an indicator. After discovering all this I realized that I used the gear indicator info on the display all the time anyway and the traditional shifter indicator wasn't necessary. I say they should just remove the letters completely.

8. NASSTY

NASSTY FRF Addict

I did the mod because it's a simple $20 mod and the PRNDM lit up on my last 4 F150s so I wanted it to light up on my 2020. After watching a couple of "how to" videos on youtube it took less than 5 minutes to disassemble the console.

9. 04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi It's Just a Username

:anitoof: