GEN 2 PRNDM console lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not use glue. There were two posts that were for a screw`s to be used. So I made up 2 spring tension clips and screwed them down to hold the light in place. The only issue I had was the light was longer then the area to mount it, just a little trim on the webbed area and it fit just fine. I should have spent more time looking into the exact light to use FL3Z-13466-B is what I used

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This is crazy. I just dropped 73K on my 2020. No lights in the selection area of the shifter. WTF?

How often are you looking at the center console to and really thinking, man, without PRNDM lit up, this truck sucks balls?

I’ve got a ’17 and according to others here, these light up on my truck. I wouldn’t know because in the almost 3 years I’ve owned it, the only times I’ve looked at it were
1) when I changed the shifter to the c/f one
2) the first time I found out the +/- button on the shifter would turn off the gear display if I fat thumbed it while selecting drive. And still, not looking at the shifter or console.

trafficman337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How often are you looking at the center console to and really thinking, man, without PRNDM lit up, this truck sucks balls?

I’ve got a ’17 and according to others here, these light up on my truck. I wouldn’t know because in the almost 3 years I’ve owned it, the only times I’ve looked at it were
1) when I changed the shifter to the c/f one
2) the first time I found out the +/- button on the shifter would turn off the gear display if I fat thumbed it while selecting drive. And still, not looking at the shifter or console.

I guess that is one way of looking at it. I guess presentation wise, you just expect to see lights there. A Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum and Limited all have it lit. Oh well, to each his/her own. Enjoy!

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to add the PRNDM light on my 2020. It's an easy and cheap mod to do. I just want it to illuminate because it did on my last few trucks. But in reality it is pretty useless because it doesn't indicate what position the shifter is in.