GEN 2 PRNDM console lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just ordered the PRNDM light for my 2020. Tasca had to special order it so it won't be here for about a week. That's ok, my 2020 won't be here for a couple months or more. I don't even have a build date yet.

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made this work on my early build 209 Raptor. You can reference my post from yesterday afternoon in the Lighting [Gen2] section.

Hope this helps!

Refugio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Ford just did away with the light for the Console Shifter letters.
There was not a working indicator needle in there anyway. Shows what gear your in at the instrument panel. Those of you who want the letters to light up have to buy the parts and if there is no power plug then have to tap into something.
However..... this was not an oversight or mistake from Ford. It was simply phased out to light them up.
I have a 2019 802a that does not light them up. Would look better if they did though.

Palmetto_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. My 2019 802A shifter letters don't light up either. It's an early 2019 purchased in Feb 2019. Will it have the power cable but just me missing the light or all 2019's missing the power cable?

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, the price has been all over the board for the carbon firer shifter. I have a 2018 and according to Ford I need part number HL3Z-7213HB the HL3ZhA is incorrect, maybe that model does not have the TOW button on the lower left side of the shifter.
My question is where can you get this for a reasonable price? $259.00 was the lowest cost I could find, much appreciated. I could not get the clips off of the shift knob to release the leather boot and I didn`t want to destroy it, so I tore apart the complete center console which was going to be required anyway to install the Ford light strip that illuminates the PRNDM next to the shifter, and it came out looking great! and really was not all that hard to do, Let me know and I can give my best shot at pictures and part number

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have installed the light or illuminate light strip to my 2018 Raptor. It`s not very hard to do, just time consuming. First thing to check, (like mentioned above) is to see if your indicator center console panel is translucent. Easy way to check was to remove the main console cover, then the two T15 Torx screws and pull the indicator assembly up, (there are 6 clips holding it in place)
Once I had the panel up I was able to put a flashlight to the underside and see if it lights up, lucky for me it did.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be worth it lol So many people don`t even realize they don`t light up. At least it was a cheap fix/upgrade to do. Afterwords I thought to myself why did I do that??

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have installed the light or illuminate light strip to my 2018 Raptor. It`s not very hard to do, just time consuming. First thing to check, (like mentioned above) is to see if your indicator center console panel is translucent. Easy way to check was to remove the main console cover, then the two T15 Torx screws and pull the indicator assembly up, (there are 6 clips holding it in place)
Once I had the panel up I was able to put a flashlight to the underside and see if it lights up, lucky for me it did.
I helped a friend add the light on his truck and the only thing time consuming was waiting for the glue to dry.