Prinsu Roof Rack Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
figure1a

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prinsu s?!$ the bed when CBI Off-road bought them. They’ve been in the Land Cruiser world for a long time and used to be a true premium product.

CBI is garbage as well. Bummer.
All kind of makes sense now. I ordered my rack through CBI and had no idea they owned Prinsu. I did an internet search for prices and the same rack on the Prinsu site was cheaper on the CBI site. I just thought CBI was a retailer or something.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Call or email them to see if they will send you new parts. Horrible quality to say the least.

OP
OP
figure1a

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call or email them to see if they will send you new parts. Horrible quality to say the least.
Yeah, tried that once and they really didn't give a fock. Told me if I didn't want stuff to rust, go by my own replacement parts. Kind of bewildering on really how much they did not care about their product or what I thought of it.

trentp

Reaction score
Wow, so sorry to see this. I went with the Sherpa Equipment Co rack and haven't had any of the issues you mentioned aside from the wind noise. I put KC lights across the front which didnt help the noise, but I did put some dynamat down on the interior of the roof of my truck and that helped a bit. No rust issues on mine, that sucks :(

OP
OP
figure1a

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, so sorry to see this. I went with the Sherpa Equipment Co rack and haven't had any of the issues you mentioned aside from the wind noise. I put KC lights across the front which didnt help the noise, but I did put some dynamat down on the interior of the roof of my truck and that helped a bit. No rust issues on mine, that sucks :(
Yeah, should have gone Sherpa. Just from your pics, I can see that your side rails are twice as thick as mine.

Oh, and small world—this is Dana (stills) from the Subaru jobs. I got rid of the Tundra and got the Raptor this summer.

OP
OP
figure1a

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had Baja Designs XL80s on SDHQ hood mounts, and the close to 20000 lumens were very impressive, and likely as good or better than your behind the grill 30". I wasn't bothered by the hood glare, but I had a black truck which helped.
I actually had the Rigid 30" E Series which put out 37,000 lumens which drew 34amps of power (really the way to see how powerful your lights are). I am in the process of doing some BD linkable pods and probably swapping out a couple of the pods with the XL80s but I may need 4 of them because they only put out 9,000 lumens. Either that or another Rigid light bar but I like the look of the pods nowadays.

Turbo_lander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am currently looking at Frontrunners rack. The design or over all lines are similar to Prinsu so was curious if anyone know if they are related companies. I have looked at Sherpa too and its pricey but I am willing to pay the price if Frountrunners turns out to be cheap quality like Prinsu.

OP
OP
figure1a

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The saga continues. I don't know why I am surprised when I find new issues at this point. I should just realize I have the sh!itiest rack ever made. After nearly a year, my rack developed at vibration at 80MPH+ (sounds like a helicopter above me). I figured some of my bolts were loose but they all turned out to be tight. I can only guess that the 5052 aluminum that the wind deflector is made out of is so flimsy and has fatigued. So I thought I would add some rubber strips between the deflector and the support bar that it rests on to help dampen/discourage any harmonic wind vibrations. The strips worked and my vibration is gone. But while I had that section apart, yup you guessed it, more rust in there as the t-slot nuts they put in there are not stainless either. This is the only Prinsu thing I have ever bought but I am going to guess that all their products are ****.

IMG_3270.JPG