Price protection on retail order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt_47_

Reaction score
I took over a order at the end of November for a 22. Anyone know if I will have price protection? Dealer says “Dont think there is price protect taking over another order”. Not sure if he knows or is just basing this off a guess. Any help?

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
It depends on if you assume the original order date prior to the price increase or if they transfer it to you and change the order to the current date. Regardless the real question is if/how much the dealer is going to tack on as ADM. Hopefully you have a good dealer that will honor MSRP and the order date doesnt change, therefore the MSRP doesnt change...

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even thoe I took over the order back in November?
Just deleted my comment lol I forgot you took over the order in Nov. If the dealer resubmitted the order with your name in Nov, i think it should be.

Last edited:

bzogster

Reaction score
I doubt you get price protection but I don’t know for sure. If the order and sale to names don’t match I doubt Ford honors the price protection policy with the dealer.

cmstric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If dealer just let you put deposit and take over the stock order, you won’t get price protection.

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took over a order at the end of November for a 22. Anyone know if I will have price protection? Dealer says “Dont think there is price protect taking over another order”. Not sure if he knows or is just basing this off a guess. Any help?
No price protection. Must be bought in exact name as ordered.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a retail order, I put the deposit down last June. There were several price increases prior to the trucks arrival. However, I paid what I had originally agreed upon. My window sticker was created prior to the price increases. It probably would have been different had the increase come before the sticker was created.

MrLiou168

Reaction score
What do you mean by price protection? The invoice price to the dealer? That only moves about $1000 ish. I would be MUCH more concerned about the ADM. If you took over an allocation from someone else, it doesn't necessarily mean that the dealer will honor the out-the-door price given to the original customer.