Price protection confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called Ford customer service, they said they dont have any info on price protection, and its all up to the dealer. Might as well write in crayons on a piece of paper that the dealer owes me, like dumb and dumber, "might want to hold onto that one". we will see what happens 45 days later. so like others, paying tax on a free loan to ford for the price difference, after waiting a year for a product to be made. lol.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called Ford customer service, they said they dont have any info on price protection, and its all up to the dealer. Might as well write in crayons on a piece of paper that the dealer owes me, like dumb and dumber, "might want to hold onto that one". we will see what happens 45 days later. so like others, paying tax on a free loan to ford for the price difference, after waiting a year for a product to be made. lol.
Ford issued bulletins for the price protection in Feb. All dealers have this information

NES431

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plus I had to pay 9% sales tax on $4180
Exactly! You paid Uncle Sam an extra $376 for the "privilege" of providing FORD your $4,180 interest free loan for 45 days! And for anyone who might chime in and say what's $4,180 to Ford?, just times that times however many people they do that to. Every $$$$ counts to them. Why else would they switch from LED bulbs around he plate or take away the the vent close dials on the front vents. Every penny they can squeeze out of their customers, they will.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you still have this contact info?
I contacted Ford Corporate and got nowhere. It is no help contacting Ford Corporate in my opinion. They just tell you that the dealerships are independently owned and they can't get in the middle. This was in June/July. Maybe things have changed now.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, that's the same situation I am in right now. I find out by the end of this week (45 days) how much money I am supposed to get back. He's been prepping me with sometimes "Ford denies the price protection and there is nothing he can do."

I'll update my other post and let everyone know if I see the cash or not. I'm certainly not holding my breath on this one.
Did you get the refund yet? For those that did, was there paper work with a break down of the refund (ie 3300 for X date increase, X for bluescruise, etc).

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you get the refund yet? For those that did, was there paper work with a break down of the refund (ie 3300 for X date increase, X for bluescruise, etc).
I got $3,800 back out of the $4,250 that I was owed. I cashed it and walked away. I feel pretty lucky that I even got that even though I should have and if you signed on a build sheet with a number that's the price you should pay too.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got $3,800 back out of the $4,250 that I was owed. I cashed it and walked away. I feel pretty lucky that I even got that even though I should have and if you signed on a build sheet with a number that's the price you should pay too.
My exact situation as well. Should get the 3800 check soon.