Price protection confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bzogster

Reaction score
My dealer is having some confusion on the price protection.

When I ordered the truck back in October it had a price on the build sheet of $77,375. Price increases of $3300 and $880 and a reduction in 801A by $1395 since result in a sticker of $80,160.

I believe that the price should be $80,160 - $3300 - $880 = $75980.

Dealer thinks that the discount on 801A somehow does not apply and thinks the price should still be $77,375.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm doing the math according to what I signed on the dotted line for in October. $74,535 was my original sticker price minus $50 for auto start stop and minus $1395 for blue cruise. I don't really care what the current sticker price is. Im going to try and go from those numbers if that makes sense.

OP
OP
B

bzogster

Reaction score
I'm doing the math according to what I signed on the dotted line for in October. $74,535 was my original sticker price minus $50 for auto start stop and minus $1395 for blue cruise. I don't really care what the current sticker price is. Im going to try and go from those numbers if that makes sense.

It makes sense to me, the dealer is just confused. I don't really want to blow this up into some big deal since they are not adding ADM, but it seems like it should be simple to get straightened out.

gkrane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went through the same thing with my dealer when I picked up my truck last weekend. I contacted Ford directly weeks beforehand to get it sorted out as the dealer was obviously not going to budge.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It makes sense to me, the dealer is just confused. I don't really want to blow this up into some big deal since they are not adding ADM, but it seems like it should be simple to get straightened out.
Or.. they are playing dumb in hopes of you backing out because they made the dumb decision to sell at msrp when you can sell for 95k less than 2 seconds after leaving the lot.

OP
OP
B

bzogster

Reaction score
I just went through the same thing with my dealer when I picked up my truck last weekend. I contacted Ford directly weeks beforehand to get it sorted out as the dealer was obviously not going to budge.

Can you PM me the contact information of the person/department you contacted at Ford?

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 801A discount is because they took away the Blue Cruise. That is separate. They should price protect as you thought (current MSRP that shows the discounted 801A price minus $880, minus $3300). My dealer was initially similarly confused, but my salesman pointed out the math to them.

Do you have the build sheet from when you ordered? It will show the original MSRP, then just have them deduct for the 801A refund/discount due to no BC and you'll get the same thing.

OP
OP
B

bzogster

Reaction score
The 801A discount is because they took away the Blue Cruise. That is separate. They should price protect as you thought (current MSRP that shows the discounted 801A price minus $880, minus $3300). My dealer was initially similarly confused, but my salesman pointed out the math to them.

Do you have the build sheet from when you ordered? It will show the original MSRP, then just have them deduct for the 801A refund/discount due to no BC and you'll get the same thing.

Yep, tried to explain that and they are confused by it.