Price Increase question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went round and round with the GM where I bought my truck since it is finally shipped and the end result was take it at the new MSRP or we can cancel your deal and sell the truck to someone else. I'm sure it would be sold with a very large ADM for them if I had cancelled it. I told them that I will just pay the new MSRP and be done with it. After my truck is in my hands I plan to write Ford a nasty email. Not that it will do any good but it will make me feel better.

This really is trash. You signed with a deposit and got a vin before the deadline and they still charged you the new sticker price? I would pick it up and take them to small claims for the $3300.

sf2360

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picking up my truck next month, and my dealer will honor the price.

OP
OP
C

cmstric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went round and round with the GM where I bought my truck since it is finally shipped and the end result was take it at the new MSRP or we can cancel your deal and sell the truck to someone else. I'm sure it would be sold with a very large ADM for them if I had cancelled it. I told them that I will just pay the new MSRP and be done with it. After my truck is in my hands I plan to write Ford a nasty email. Not that it will do any good but it will make me feel better.
If you ordered under your name (as opposed to taking over a already ordered dealer stock one) then you were supposed to be price protected according to Ford.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand Ford dealers will input your VIN into their proprietary Smart Vincent computer system to see if you qualify for price protection.

Last edited:

gkrane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how much dealerships make from customers financing through them but they definitely screwed themselves out of matching my interest rate from my credit union that I do all of my business with.

Kotykb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious if those getting the dealership to honor the price protection are getting credit for both the $880 December increase and the $3300 February increase. My understanding was price protection on the $880 if ordered before 12/27/2021 and on the $3300 if ordered before 2/14/2022. My October 19th order has both increases ($4180) added to my window sticker. Waiting until I get a little closer to delivery to discuss with my dealer.
My Raptor will be finished building tomorrow, I'll see if I get the MSRP increases of $880, $3300 and Bluecruise of $1395 taken off my sales price (Total $5,575). I'll be sending an email to the sales manage of my dealer and hope for the best!

1648775235679.png

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Raptor will be finished building tomorrow, I'll see if I get the MSRP increases of $880, $3300 and Bluecruise of $1395 taken off my sales price (Total $5,575). I'll be sending an email to the sales manage of my dealer and hope for the best!

View attachment 348759
Send him the price protection doc from ford to keep them honest.

OP
OP
C

cmstric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent the price protection document and it got me nowhere.
I’m working with a sales manager who thought raptors were excluded from price protection. Sent them the letter. She’s gotten with her zone rep and getting it Re invoiced to the original price.