Price Increase question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ironpeddler

Reaction score
what i dont understand is Ford will adjust the window sticker to show a deduction for the no blue cruise, but they wont adjust the window sticker to show a deduction for the price protection. They know if the order is a stock order or a retail order and when it was placed but they wont adjust it to show the price protection. They leave it up to you and the dealer to hash it out. Kind of bs if you ask me.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I signed and put a deposit down on October 1st. That receipt shows "retail" order at the top. Dealer sent me the VIN on 11/4. My current window sticker that just became available says "Special Order" down at the bottom by the price. Is this what we should be seeing to be price protected? Did anyone take delivery and was forced to pay the increase, but had retail and special delivery listed? Current window sticker does not reflect the blue cruise discount and has the price increase.

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Fords Marketing department and was told that there is no such information stating that a persons price is protected if ordered before a certain date. I just dont know what to believe anymore....

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Fords Marketing department and was told that there is no such information stating that a persons price is protected if ordered before a certain date. I just dont know what to believe anymore....
Why don’t you talk to your dealer? Ford corporate isn’t involved in sales, doesn’t surprise me marketing has no clue.

OP
OP
C

cmstric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I signed and put a deposit down on October 1st. That receipt shows "retail" order at the top. Dealer sent me the VIN on 11/4. My current window sticker that just became available says "Special Order" down at the bottom by the price. Is this what we should be seeing to be price protected? Did anyone take delivery and was forced to pay the increase, but had retail and special delivery listed? Current window sticker does not reflect the blue cruise discount and has the price increase.
You should be covered since it is special order.

bruin1md

Reaction score
Ford corporate is absolutely awful: their 'customer service' line is worthless, as is their marketing dept. Good luck speaking with anyone who will cop to knowing anything about the price increase and what your remedies are. When I spoke to someone on their customer service line, they literally told me the exact opposite of what they told you, and tried to put this off on the dealers, like they were the ones now charging more for the truck.

I got lucky with my dealer in how they decided to handle it internally, but make no mistake: this BS is squarely on Ford.