Price Increase question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmstric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took over a dealer ordered unit. Built 1/16 but ETA of May. My window sticker (when opened on ford tracker and according to dealer) still hasn't changed to reflect the $3300 increase.

Im hopeful since mine was built before the increase it may have missed it. Or maybe it'll update right before shipping and hit me with it.

Anyone been through anything similar? Waiting on there's to ship for a dealer order and not seeing the increase?

Kodyray72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that only retail special orders are price protected. Dealer stock ordered units I believe can still get the up charge.

Okegg0

Reaction score
I took over a dealer ordered unit. Built 1/16 but ETA of May. My window sticker (when opened on ford tracker and according to dealer) still hasn't changed to reflect the $3300 increase.

Im hopeful since mine was built before the increase it may have missed it. Or maybe it'll update right before shipping and hit me with it.

Anyone been through anything similar? Waiting on there's to ship for a dealer order and not seeing the increase?
I’m in a similar situation, the build sheet the dealer gave me showed one price but it went into production this week and the window sticker is 3xxx more than what it showed on build sheet. I found one that the dealer had ordered that wasnt spoken for yet

Low Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m dealing with the same situation. Ordered mine 11/1 and is being built this week. Got the window sticker and shows it at the increased price.

OP
OP
C

cmstric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that only retail special orders are price protected. Dealer stock ordered units I believe can still get the up charge.
Exactly. I’m just wondering if my sticker hasn’t changed yet or maybe by chance since it was built and not just on order before the increase maybe I get lucky

OP
OP
C

cmstric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m dealing with the same situation. Ordered mine 11/1 and is being built this week. Got the window sticker and shows it at the increased price.
So yours is built after increase and mine was 1/16 . So I think I might have somehow slipped through

OP
OP
C

cmstric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you agree on a price over sticker or just a “$10k over msrp” situation?

OP
OP
C

cmstric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in a similar situation, the build sheet the dealer gave me showed one price but it went into production this week and the window sticker is 3xxx more than what it showed on build sheet. I found one that the dealer had ordered that wasnt spoken for yet
Have you talked to them about it? If you agreed and signed a specific price you may have an argument . If not I think they’ll hammer it to ya

DrJayC

Reaction score
I ordered in 10/15, took over dealer stock order. Truck is shipped and enroute. My window sticker does not reflect price increase. However, on the dealer side, they had a new purchase/order sheet with the $3300 increase. They are going to go off what the window sticker says, so hopefully this thing stays at the original price up through delivery.

OP
OP
C

cmstric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered in 10/15, took over dealer stock order. Truck is shipped and enroute. My window sticker does not reflect price increase. However, on the dealer side, they had a new purchase/order sheet with the $3300 increase. They are going to go off what the window sticker says, so hopefully this thing stays at the original price up through delivery.
Hopefully you signed an agreement with the vin and price locked so you an atleast have some on your side to fight them if need be.