Price Increase on 2022 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmstric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I placed my order in October, my dealer should be dropping the price by $3,300 for the MSRP increase on the MSRP and $1,395 for Blue Cruise so $4,695 total should be decreased from the window sticker price below?

If it was a custom order under your name then they can re invoice to the original price.

Kotykb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was a custom order under your name then they can re invoice to the original price.
Which it was, I ordered in May, then in October had to reorder the 2022, I wonder if I get the $800 and $3300 price protections?

RaptorND

Reaction score
I just picked up my raptor this afternoon. They honored my msrp price exactly from when I ordered in October. I will have to deal with ford about the blue cruise I guess

gkrane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got this from the GM. I guess I made changes to an order that was already placed. My DACA says retail and my sticker says special order. This agitates me to no end but oh well.

Me: Did you ever get an answer back from Ford why they were not honoring the price protection that was assured on all vehicle orders placed before the 2 price increases? Every other Raptor purchaser on online forums that took possession of their truck received price protection. Even the stock orders.

GM: Not sure where you are obtaining the information and this came from ford and was addressed. We did not get price protection on this unit because it was a stock order.. The unit was not assigned to you…. I am sorry that all the forums are causing misinformation but if we were to of had the price protection we would have given it to you
We have to….. Again there is no price protection on this unit…. I had to send all kinds of information to ford on this and it took hours for me to go through this with them and send . Them all the documentation on what happened… Again there is no price protection on this unit …. And I am sorry for the misinformation.. this was a stock unit and your name was not assigned to the factory order.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just got this from the GM. I guess I made changes to an order that was already placed. My DACA says retail and my sticker says special order. This agitates me to no end but oh well.

Me: Did you ever get an answer back from Ford why they were not honoring the price protection that was assured on all vehicle orders placed before the 2 price increases? Every other Raptor purchaser on online forums that took possession of their truck received price protection. Even the stock orders.

GM: Not sure where you are obtaining the information and this came from ford and was addressed. We did not get price protection on this unit because it was a stock order.. The unit was not assigned to you…. I am sorry that all the forums are causing misinformation but if we were to of had the price protection we would have given it to you
We have to….. Again there is no price protection on this unit…. I had to send all kinds of information to ford on this and it took hours for me to go through this with them and send . Them all the documentation on what happened… Again there is no price protection on this unit …. And I am sorry for the misinformation.. this was a stock unit and your name was not assigned to the factory order.
If it says Special Order at the bottom of the window sticker, from what I have read in these threads, its not a dealer stock order. It would say "retail" in that spot. Does anyone know if it can say special order at the bottom but still not be assigned to that person? My build that I signed and put a 1k deposit on has a spot for Customer Name at the top and lists my name. Does yours also?

gkrane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine said the GM's name but I thought that was just protocol as I have never special ordered a truck before. I took over the order, changed options, deleted the sunroof, and changed the color. At this point im not sure if a fast one got pulled on me. But in the end I want my truck and i'll fuss with ford after i get it.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine said the GM's name but I thought that was just protocol as I have never special ordered a truck before. I took over the order, changed options, deleted the sunroof, and changed the color. At this point im not sure if a fast one got pulled on me. But in the end I want my truck and i'll fuss with ford after i get it.
I would say it appears that it was a customer order but your GM was the customer and hes passing on the truck and selling to you with the profit of the price increase. There really isn't much you can do about this except get to the bottom of it and ask him that question (once keys are in hand) and give them some bad online reviews so other customers are aware of this. It seems like its a gray area and there isn't much you are going to be able to do about it. Sucks badly.

BryBurger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most popular president ever with 81 million votes.
This what happens when the current administration thinks it is a good idea to print record amounts of cash to help pay their Green New Deal fiasco. I rather have been taxed more then have record gas, inflation, cost of living, etc, etc!

Ok, no more politics jabber… I am just happy my dealer said I got price locked before the big increase!

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Yeah, this definitely sounds like a sticky situation but stock orders are not price protected. Seems as though your first guesstimate about changing an already placed order (aka stock order) is correct. How your window sticker says “Special Order” when it’s actually not is beyond me. Is your dealer trying to pull a fast one…perhaps. I don’t think they’re gonna change their story on this.

ironpeddler

Reaction score
would someone mind posting a pdf of the price protection article and the youtube video out there of how to get the price protection?? Someone had posted both of these in a price increase thread but I can not find which one it was.