Price change?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goinsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked that question when I ordered my truck. "What happens if there is a MSRP/Invoice price increase between the time I place the order and the time its delivered?" My salesman told me the agreed price is the price they would sell it to me. He also mentioned that I would be eligible for any rebates that came in before it was delivered. They then gave me a printout that listed the sale price with taxes and dealer fees, less my deposit. So I knew exactly what funds I needed when I went to pick it up. Luckily my truck was delivered about a month after I ordered it so I didn't have a pricing issue. I know every dealership is different but I'm pretty sure they would not have raised my price if the MSRP increased for some reason.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
MSRP increased by roughly $500 from order date to delivery. I received a copy of the original VOC at Priority 11 and a latter VOC at Priority 01. On both VOC's it clearly stated that this was not an invoice price and the price was subject to change. However, my dealer agreed on the original MSRP, no exceptions. If the price went up, you're liable for it unless your dealer is cool. But I highly doubt the price jumped $1800.

My actions: Demand a current VOC and DORA from your dealer on YOUR truck (check the order number) and make sure that the increase is in fact $1800 before you sign that check.

Last edited:

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Look! These are the best thing since that 3 brested lady in Total Recall. HAhaaaaa. Many have mentioned how THEIR dealer operates. Yours apparently is the ******* type Dealer. If all the proof shows a $500 - $750 or whatever price increase then I say make them sweat! Eventually pay them if you must to keep them from selling it out from under you. I do not know how long you have to finalize the deal after the truck is at the dealer but I would make them wait for your money. Hold out and make them PROVE the increase. Ask for proof of when they ACTUALLY ordered your truck.

BDRAG

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Look! These are the best thing since that 3 brested lady in Total Recall. HAhaaaaa. Many have mentioned how THEIR dealer operates. Yours apparently is the ******* type Dealer. If all the proof shows a $500 - $750 or whatever price increase then I say make them sweat! Eventually pay them if you must to keep them from selling it out from under you. I do not know how long you have to finalize the deal after the truck is at the dealer but I would make them wait for your money. Hold out and make them PROVE the increase. Ask for proof of when they ACTUALLY ordered your truck.

BDRAG

Ask for the DORA. That shows the order date.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes Sir...great call.lol

Attachments

• threeboobedwoman1.jpg
    threeboobedwoman1.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 37

Carson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I re-priced mine that I ordered in Sept. last year vs what it costs to order it now. The base price went up $695 for a crew cab. All other pricing was the same.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what options did you order and how much are they asking. really that is the bottom line for you. i ordered in last of june.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

be practical its a business deal. drive it, maybe it has a bad rattle under the dash,wonky panel alignment,or electric glitch ,and you walk away . maybe its perfect and you gotta have it. one thing for sure you can not go back to months ago, figure out what a do over deal will cost you today, and how much that extra wait is worth to you. worst case you negotiate back half way back from the original price. if you like that raptor you can hold your nose and drive off and never go back.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer sent me the pricing and he said that a $1000 deposit "locked the deal". He specifically said this protected me from price increases. Not sure if this was that dealers policy or what. They are a very small farm town like dealer an hour from Phoenix.