Pressure washer recommendations

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Cleaning and Detailing Forum' started by LaceyPark, Mar 25, 2018.

Sponsored By: Adam's Polishes
  1. ineedaBubble

ineedaBubble FRF Addict

Use a high quality foam cannon and you’ll see the difference. While I also have a cheap amazon foam cannon, it’s simply a backup in case my MTM Hydro PF22 cannon ever shits the bed.

You know the old saying “you get what you pay for”?! Well, there’s some truth to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Sasha4

Sasha4 FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

While I can appreciate quality because Id rather buy once, I can also appreciate a bargain. I spend top $$ on my sandpaper, pads, buffer/ polishers, polishes and coatings.

Ive been in the detailing business for over 30 years (on and off) and these have been around a very long time. These are simple devices. It atomizes the soap into the stream. The variance of soap amount/ cling is all dependent upon the GPM/ pressure used and the ratio of soap mixed into the container. While my gun may leak occasionally, the end result is the same as with more expensive cannons.

I'm simply stating to many new to this concept that if you chose to spend $150-250 on a pressure washer, spending nearly the same amount on the soap dispenser is a bit much. Save your money and buy quality soaps made for these applications.

Remember its only to apply the soap- the end user still needs to abide by a lot of other processes (two bucket, etc) in order to get the desired end result.

My last car show winner- 65' Type 1 custom

Attached Files:

3. buyrogue_TYH

buyrogue_TYH Member

ineedaBubble likes this.
  4. Jkysh

Jkysh Full Access Member

Honda

5. VADER332

VADER332 Full Access Member

I use an AR Blue Clean AR383 Electric Pressure Washer with the foam cannon for soaking the truck. It has 1800 PSI for blowing off everything.

6. DCSVT1

DCSVT1 Full Access Member

I just got the harbor freight 1750 for $75. Plan on using it 95% for washing the trucks. Also ordered a foam cannon with quick disconnect from eBay for under 20 and a Ryobi "replacement" wand from an online tool store for 12. The Ryobi wand will plug into the HF gun and has the quick connect on the other for the foam cannon. I love and use Adams stuff, nothing against them but my setup including the pressure washer cost less than there foam cannon. If I get a season or two out of it it'll be well worth it. Will update when I test it out next weekend.
    And FWIW, I have a well and the larger pressure washers draw too much water and the pump can't keep up. I think the last washer we had was a 3200 and it was about max on the well and took off a spot of clear from my previous F150. 1750 is fine for a car wash sprayer in my opinion.
    Edit to add; if I was looking for a multi purpose washer for other tasks, this aint it LOL...but for washing the pollen and bird crap off my truck it works fine.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  7. Chas

Chas Full Access Member

Just got a Greenworks 1500 psi 13 amp 1.2 gpm electric from Amazon with foam bottle attachment for $82.80 shipped .Figured I would give it a try when every it stops raining damit.

ineedaBubble and RC51TOFUMAN like this.
  8. armyflightpa

armyflightpa Member

I bought a pressure washer at Costco, with a Honda motor and a nice cannon. But, the detergent you put in it is the most important. I use the McGuiare's. I do however still do go over it with a nice sponge to get all the dirt off. I will also clay bar it a couple of time a year prior to putting a good coat of wax. Otherwise, I will use the MQuiare's quick wax after each wash.

9. bruiser

bruiser Member

ineedaBubble likes this.
  10. truckarl

truckarl Full Access Member

I have a Ryobi elec pressure washer. Inexpensive and works well.