Pressure washer on wheel wells and running board

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use 3000psi @ 3GPM all day long no issue. As said above the question is the distance vs pressure, not pressure at the tip....
Well unless u are planning to drag the tip across it.

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh wow, you're not messing around! Nice set up and thanks for the info. I have a 1600 Ryobi that does an ok job (although I have nothing to compare it to) but it's already died once. I'll eventually have to upgrade. Never thought I'd enjoy detailing but it's almost therapeutic!
Same here first is fishing and 2nd car detailing/washing.

dmarkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3000 psi , on a 40 deg nozzle?
You're kidding right?
If you're not, then go ahead and let us know what happens - probably won't be pretty!

Odd, I do this every month with a 3500 psi washer. I just keep my distance and make sure I use the white nozzle. Most pressure washers also have a throttle that you can reduce the psi with? IMO, if this removes paint, it wasn't painted properly.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's not that of a big pressure washer. With a 40 degree tip, you'll be fine. The people saying otherwise have apparently never used a typical gas pressure washer with a 40 degree tip.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, not the expert you all apparently are on pressure washers.
Go ahead, peel away Jose.

Obviously not. Glad it's apparent to you though!

40 degree nozzle on a 3.5/3500 is no big deal. In fact, he'll probably find it to be a bit weak and switch to the 30 degree or even 20 degree depending on how far he is from the surface.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I'm very aware of my lack of knowledge in certain fields of endeavor, perhaps even in the field of the pressure washers!
That's why I always hire people smarter and better looking than myself!
Seems to work.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use similar all the time. Advertised PSI vs real PSI/Flow can be misleading. Use a wide tip (your 40* should be fine) and just don't get it really close until you can see how it is reacting. Unless there's a break in your linex, and you get right up into it, you should be fine. If it was way too much power the foam gun would be a disaster anyway.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I'm very aware of my lack of knowledge in certain fields of endeavor, perhaps even in the field of the pressure washers!
That's why I always hire people smarter and better looking than myself!
Seems to work.

Is that why your picture is part of the definition of "Jack of all trades, master of none". ???