Premium Fuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From the manual. “For best overall vehicle and engine performance, premium fuel with an octane rating of 91 or higher is recommended.” So if you're going to run shit fuel against factory recommendation, might as well use bargain basement oil and NAPA pro $5.99 oil filters as well?

"Plus it’s an $80K lol it’s not a hot rod or an exotic by any stretch. I hope this isn’t the most powerful vehicle you own or even your prized possession" What a f**ked up thing to say?
The factory filter is $4.69 and mobile 1 is better and cheaper than motorcraft. Might not be the best comparison. lol

badclam

Reaction score
Why? It's true. It's a blue-collar prize. It's a mildly gussied up F150 .... I love mine, but I don't really want a true exotic, and I don't care what anyone else thinks. I guess I'm still a farm boy. :p

It's the whole, "I hope this isn’t the most powerful vehicle you own or even your prized possession" bag of ***** flex thing I have a disliking to.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"It's the whole, "I hope this isn’t the most powerful vehicle you own or even your prized possession" bag of ***** flex thing I have a disliking to."

That's fair. It was a pretty d i c k comment.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. long thread, just went searching as I had my first fill up. I am definitely running 91+ at all times. Now I am just back and forth on two close gas stations with 91 non-ethanol ($3.99) vs 93 with 10% ethanol ($3.89). There are debates on ethanol as well from all the threads I searched. For today, I filled up the 93 E10 since it was cheaper with more octane.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ive been running regular and literally am getting the exact same MPG and notice no difference in performance. I did both in my 19 and 22 to compare and had the same results.
Same, ever since Biden regime boosted fuel prices by 200-300% i been running nothing but regular and got my highest 19mpg ever in the truck. Id def cuts timing but to argue that you lose MPG seems not to be the case.

Attachments

• FBE47041-F590-49FC-B4D0-43CB131C0D5F.jpeg
    FBE47041-F590-49FC-B4D0-43CB131C0D5F.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 10

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same, ever since Biden regime boosted fuel prices by 200-300% i been running nothing but regular and got my highest 19mpg ever in the truck. Id def cuts timing but to argue that you lose MPG seems not to be the case.
Are you calculating this by hand or going off what the truck says?