Predictions on how long over MSRP pricing will continue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CityHunter

Reaction score
I was asked recently at my doctors office when checking in, if I had a preferred pronoun, is said well yes I do…it is “**** You”. I thought it was hilsrious

Back to the point, dealerships are starting to back way off ADM. I am picking my new raptor for MSRP next week.
I remember saying to a ****** bag sales manager at the Toyota dealer, for a Sequoia TRD Pro I wanted to bug for my wife. He said it was $30000 over list. I then said well there is an ass for every seat. He chuckled and said, well highly desired high end cars aren’t for everyone.

I then replied “you’ll be licking customers shoes to sell cars for a few grand over cost here within a year or so” he just chuckled arrogantly as if he was gods gift to earth.

Meanwhile I’ve purchased 2 BMW X7 in the past 3 years for MSRP, and now 1 Raptor next week, so I guess some people are just willing to overpay

37 at MSRP?

martinjoa

Reaction score
I think most vehicle mark ups are going to be done soon. Locally i had a in stock 37 package brand new truck come down to $2500 mark up or a 35 package with no mark up. I ended up putting a deposit on the incoming 35 thats supposed to be here soon. Avalanche Gray i might not even end up taking it ill let you guys know if i dont im here in the midwest maybe one of you can grab it. I guess a lot more common that people are backing out of orders on all cars probably interest rates and economic fears

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This makes me wish I could go back to 2019... bought a ram rebel that year, for 25% off sticker price... god I miss those days.
Before I bought my raptor, I tried to buy a 2014 6.2 FX4 and the dealer wouldn't sell it to me because I didn't have a trade in. And when I tried to trade my other truck in on it, they still wouldn't sell it to me because I wouldn't finance it through them. By the time I decided to let them finance it, and then re-finance it through my own bank, another guy had a deal on it. 71k miles and one owner, and the dude wrote down his maintenance in the back of the owners manual... who does that?! That was a unicorn truck...and I hope that dealer goes out of business for not selling it to me.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
trade in was a fully paid off 21 F15o Tremor.... so.... may of had something to do with it. Phil Long Ford
Possibly. If they rápe you hard enough on the trade in, they can give you a deal on the purchase. At least they're losing the ability to cheat you twice.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Possibly. If they rápe you hard enough on the trade in, they can give you a deal on the purchase. At least they're losing the ability to cheat you twice.
I got as much trade in as I paid for the tremor with 10k miles on it... I was pretty happy (was right at the end of the crazy used car market). Was honestly one of the best buying experiences ever.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got as much trade in as I paid for the tremor with 10k miles on it... I was pretty happy (was right at the end of the crazy used car market). Was honestly one of the best buying experiences ever.
Damn, they only want to give me $54000 for my loaded Tremor with Icon suspension, methods, 295s, ceramic coated and tinted. No a scratch on it either.
I paid about $72 plus tax for it!