Predictions on how long over MSRP pricing will continue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hsun85

Reaction score
I’m seeing a new 22 at +8k$ in a SoCal dealer. +8k in SoCal is probably the equivalent of -2k else where?

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There will come a tipping point with rate increases on auto loans and then it be to late to stop the slide, but when that happens is everyone’s guess right now but at some point next year it will happen, but for now the locals have some regular F150s and Superduty marked over MSRP which is nuts.

Paxton

Reaction score
MSRP is very easy to find. I spent 2 hours searching online 500 mile range from me, found 4 23s in stock and purchased 23 antimatter on New Year’s Eve. Absolutely no reason to pay 1 dollar over MSRP

Attachments

• CB2AA389-02FB-4AB1-8226-0DA019ECBF83.jpeg
    CB2AA389-02FB-4AB1-8226-0DA019ECBF83.jpeg
    409.3 KB · Views: 49

enjoitheride

Reaction score
MSRP is very easy to find. I spent 2 hours searching online 500 mile range from me, found 4 23s in stock and purchased 23 antimatter on New Year’s Eve. Absolutely no reason to pay 1 dollar over MSRP
Good looking truck. Antimatter looks good, and contrary to what most say, I like the graphics on there. The colors accent the blue nicely.

MrB78

Reaction score
you are right on the money... no pun intended. the crash that is going to happen next year will make 2008-2010 seem like a walk in the park... this next recession will be a kick in the nuts for the people of the middle n upper middle class living above their means.
Recession greater than the near total financial collapse of 08? I have a hard time believing that. This has been a tough last 24+ months for the global economy but it’s not anything like the shock of 08. Certainly there is less liquidity in the market, but many of these layoffs are localized to tech due to an overestimation of everything being done remotely. Lot of places are still hiring. We’ll see a slow down in the markets as we already did in 22’, but with all the various Banking controls in place, 23’ won’t be anything like 08.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s a business based on a commodity with a true value that’s dictated by the market. If it’s worth ADM to certain people, that doesn’t make them morons — it just means they’re willing to pay more to have one. Don’t get me wrong, I hate the ADM trend— but just as we’ve seen sub-MSRP pricing in the past, the market fluctuations can and should be able to move both directions.
You are correct. I shouldn’t have stooped to name calling. After all, I have a close childhood friend who is worth many millions and he gambles on sports to the tune of 25k a weekend. Sometimes he wins, which you hear about, most times he loses which you don’t hear about. So if he can IMHO waste that kind of money gambling, what’s a few grand over sticker? At least he’d be getting something for it.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Recession greater than the near total financial collapse of 08? I have a hard time believing that. This has been a tough last 24+ months for the global economy but it’s not anything like the shock of 08. Certainly there is less liquidity in the market, but many of these layoffs are localized to tech due to an overestimation of everything being done remotely. Lot of places are still hiring. We’ll see a slow down in the markets as we already did in 22’, but with all the various Banking controls in place, 23’ won’t be anything like 08.
K

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It’s a business based on a commodity with a true value that’s dictated by the market. If it’s worth ADM to certain people, that doesn’t make them morons — it just means they’re willing to pay more to have one. Don’t get me wrong, I hate the ADM trend— but just as we’ve seen sub-MSRP pricing in the past, the market fluctuations can and should be able to move both directions.
Maybe, but maybe not. You can have money and still be a moron.

Congrats, but let’s be real here. The reason you got MSRP is because your truck is culturally appropriating Black Raptors.

#BlackRaptorsMatter
#AntiMatterBlueIsNotBlackEnough

;-)

If you scored MSRP, profound congratulations and thanks for sticking to your guns, metaphorically anyway.... we hope ;-)

CityHunter

Reaction score
Maybe, but maybe not. You can have money and still be a moron.

Congrats, but let’s be real here. The reason you got MSRP is because your truck is culturally appropriating Black Raptors.

#BlackRaptorsMatter
#AntiMatterBlueIsNotBlackEnough

;-)

If you scored MSRP, profound congratulations and thanks for sticking to your guns, metaphorically anyway.... we hope ;-)

Oh absolutely - but the implication was that paying ADM for a Raptor independently makes someone a moron, in which case I'd argue it doesn't.

We all know Raptors are in low supply and high demand right now, particularly those with desirable options, such as the 37 package. You might get lucky and find one for MSRP, but overall these trucks (particularly 37 package trucks), are selling fast with ADMs.