Prediction: Raptor R ends up casualty of Ukraine/Russia war…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NM156

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the gas goes to $5??? Here is So Cal the price has been around $5 for 87 for the last 6 months. As soon as the war started the price jumped to $5.20 that morning. So what do I do? I drive in to the gas station, dump $135 into my tank and go on my merry way. Life goes on.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But ... space. We need nuclear power for space. Whoever controls space can pretty much control everything down below. The climate crisis can be used as the excuse to rapidly develop the tech we need for something else. Wheels within wheels within wheels.

Is nuclear that useful in space? I mean, you can't use it to move your ship in space very well, I would think. You have to have propulsion in relatively small controlled bursts, and it has to be expelling matter in the opposite direction you want to move.. Wouldn't think nuclear would be too good for that. For subs your turning a propeller against water, so you don't have to expel mass to move. No matter to push against in space.

As far as the rest of your power needs, solar is actually really good in space...because the sun IS always shinning in space.

As aside. Someone should suggest to Biden that we put windmills on the moon, to save the climate without killing birds.

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is so cal gas prices and I believe it will hit $7-750 by summer.

Attachments

• 8251E57F-299A-4BB7-B54B-2B4BA46830C8.jpeg
    8251E57F-299A-4BB7-B54B-2B4BA46830C8.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 18

Tomhorn

Reaction score
these idiots in Washington have destroyed this country we are heading for a cool down based on the 212 year sunspot cycle these politicians are scum over 2.2 million illegals relocated on our dime Hillary blinking and Sullivan overthrew a pro Russian president in the Ukraine in 2014 and the same idiots caused this mess and Russia is the 3 rd largest oil supplier as well as neon supplier which is what powers laser to make chips as well as other strategic metals these people are complete lying barons just heard a report how viable electric cars are that 2 ******** went cross country in one stopped 200 times to charge how the Fk is that viable I used to run from NJ to AZ nonstop in 32-34 hours straight appts 6-8 stops in the Rap how is stopping and charging 200 times viable we are no longer free but a bunch of dumbed down morons stop believing these idiots and don't forget to wear your mask

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
these idiots in Washington have destroyed this country we are heading for a cool down based on the 212 year sunspot cycle these politicians are scum over 2.2 million illegals relocated on our dime Hillary blinking and Sullivan overthrew a pro Russian president in the Ukraine in 2014 and the same idiots caused this mess and Russia is the 3 rd largest oil supplier as well as neon supplier which is what powers laser to make chips as well as other strategic metals these people are complete lying barons just heard a report how viable electric cars are that 2 ******** went cross country in one stopped 200 times to charge how the Fk is that viable I used to run from NJ to AZ nonstop in 32-34 hours straight appts 6-8 stops in the Rap how is stopping and charging 200 times viable we are no longer free but a bunch of dumbed down morons stop believing these idiots and don't forget to wear your mask

I started reading, but stopped about 3 lines in when I realized there wasn't going to be any punctuation marks in your post. Trying to figure out what you're saying would give me a headache.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is nuclear that useful in space? I mean, you can't use it to move your ship in space very well, I would think. You have to have propulsion in relatively small controlled bursts, and it has to be expelling matter in the opposite direction you want to move.. Wouldn't think nuclear would be too good for that.
There are several ways to create propulsion with a nuclear reactor. Essentially you use the energy to fling mass behind you, either as a gas or as ions. Nuclear power works even if the sun isn't close or isn't visible. Mining the asteroid belt is an example of where it would be rather nice.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I started reading, but stopped about 3 lines in when I realized there wasn't going to be any punctuation marks in your post. Trying to figure out what you're saying would give me a headache.
He set a new record in my book. One post to ignored. Sometimes a second chance just doesn't seem like a good idea.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I never expected to see so much agonizing over gas mileage and prices in the Raptor forum.
Rose colored glasses?

The Jen Juan team have been whining about EMPEGEES for 12 YEARS now: One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Fortunately the Jen Too came along and muted that conversation a little but damn...

That was some serious stream of consciousness right there.