Pre-runner / Light Bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DieselGuy

Reaction score
Hi Folks! Does anyone know of any solid options for a pre-runner bar that will work WITH the stock bumper? The only one I can find is the N-FAB but the reviews haven’t been stellar.

I really like the stock bumper and don’t want to mess with the cruise sensor but would still really like to add a bar that would not only offer a little protection but give me another light mount.

Thoughts?!

https://www.americantrucks.com/nfab...imount-system-textured-black-2017-raptor.html

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You will lose camera view with that bar, but, you could run cubes and leave some area for the camera. I had an N-Fab bar that I was going to mount a bar on but it would have cost me pretty much the entire front camera function.

OP
OP
DieselGuy

DieselGuy

Reaction score
You will lose camera view with that bar, but, you could run cubes and leave some area for the camera. I had an N-Fab bar that I was going to mount a bar on but it would have cost me pretty much the entire front camera function.

Yeah, thanks bud, understood. Honestly, I don’t rely too much on the front camera anyway so not a huge loss for me.

What did you think of the N-Fab quality? Was camera blockage the only reason you opted out?

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question but is there a reason you can't bolt the lights to the under side of the light bar? Same lighting but less camera blocking. I can't see the picture that well on my phone so maybe it's obvious why you can't.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah, thanks bud, understood. Honestly, I don’t rely too much on the front camera anyway so not a huge loss for me.

What did you think of the N-Fab quality? Was camera blockage the only reason you opted out?

Honestly, the quality was fine. coating was uniform, and good, welds good, holes lined up, couldn’t really ask for much more quality wise. If you were concerned about the camera and had more fabrication talent than do I, you could easily move the lights or bar back some to gain some more visibility.

It was the camera blockage and the fact that I asked them point blank when I purchased if I would lose any camera visibility. You’ll note their stock pictures do not show the camera or an angle. I have post on here illustrating it with pics - I had a different bar, just to be clear, but n-fab. There’s zero chance the camera blockage wasn’t known. If they didn’t know, all they had to do was say ‘not sure, let me check’.

As long as you understand the camera blockage, this is not a bad forward lighting option. I opted for the B/D behind the grille s8. It’s higher, and throws a cr@p ton of light.

Good luck, I think this will look good and give you some decent lighting options if you go this route.

cooooop_ks

Reaction score
Hi Folks! Does anyone know of any solid options for a pre-runner bar that will work WITH the stock bumper? The only one I can find is the N-FAB but the reviews haven’t been stellar.

I really like the stock bumper and don’t want to mess with the cruise sensor but would still really like to add a bar that would not only offer a little protection but give me another light mount.

Thoughts?!

https://www.americantrucks.com/nfab...imount-system-textured-black-2017-raptor.html
I have the N-Fab bar on my Raptor. On my bar, the welds were smooth and even, powder coat in gloss back was also very good. The look of the welds are what I am always concerned with on these type of purchases. I put a set of running boards on my wife's F150 and the welds were all over the place, poorly ground, uneven. The fit up on the N-Fab was good, I thought it was worth the money.

KIMG2221.JPG

KIMG2220.JPG

FirstTruck

Reaction score
Here's the one that they use at the Raptor Assault. One of the instructors has a shop that fabs them. I don't remember the name of the shop though, but you could probably find the info in the Raptor Assault thread.

View media item 14349

cbland1979

Reaction score
Here's the one that they use at the Raptor Assault. One of the instructors has a shop that fabs them. I don't remember the name of the shop though, but you could probably find the info in the Raptor Assault thread.

View media item 14349

The shop is Impulse Offroad. They make bumper bars with light mounts which can fit a 20" light bar. I have one on my '18 Raptor and love it. It uses existing mounting points used for the tow hooks so no drilling or cutting is required.

Raptor Light Bar.jpg

jhsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shop is Impulse Offroad. They make bumper bars with light mounts which can fit a 20" light bar. I have one on my '18 Raptor and love it. It uses existing mounting points used for the tow hooks so no drilling or cutting is required.

View attachment 127719

His email is [email protected]

When I went to Raptor Assault he let us know that if we wanted one to contact him at the email above.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want the N Fab bar, I have a new one, decided not to go that route, never been mounted,$100 and the ride, I also have a new OnX6+ 40” with harness i’M not going to use if your interested, I paid less than retail and will pass the savings on