Pre-Offroad wax?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for something I can apply before I go offroad that will help to make clean up easier. I'd like to apply it with my DA polisher so which pad also?

Anything that can be sprayed on the undercarriage? I pressure wash it after the run.

Thanks

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I find that a good coating of amsoil HDMP underneath seems to make clean ups easier. The only issue is with the amsoil your truck sort of still looks dirty anyway. But I'm fine with that. It's a fair trade for the protection.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Adams Paint Sealant topped with Buttery or even better Americana Wax will give excellent paint protection. Also use H2O Guard and Gloss after every wash. This makes cleanup easy, even mud comes off easier.

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Adams invisible undercarriage spray also will make cleaning underneath your truck easy too.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
x3
@Raven13 nailed it.

A base layer of Paint Sealant, topped with wax, and then some H2O Guard & Gloss provides a lot of protection. If you don't use H2O Guard & Gloss to protect the textured plastic trim, then use some VRT on these surfaces.

The Invisible Undercarriage Spray helps keep the mud from sticking to the wheel wells, but it is temporary protection. For the complete undercarriage, I would use Amsoil HDMP, as it is a more permanent solution for the frame, suspension, and other surfaces that are less visible, but it does leave a yellow-ish film.

OP
OP
Doc Constantine

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everybody, I've been using various carnuba's and saw people were using stuff for the undercarriage as well.

I never would have noticed the undercarriage specific stuff if I hadn't asked.

Looks like it's good timing for me, since they are having a flash sale right now.