Pre-collision warning malfunction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone:

So when we drive our Raptor yesterday and came to a stop, I got bombarded with different chimes and beeps. It was saying Post Collision fault, pre-collision malfunction, and a couple others I can't remember. Thankfully I wasn't far from home so I brought it back and thought it might reset itself when I restart in today. I restarted it but still got the alert. I also got an alert from FordPass. It says Pre-Collision malfunction. It says to clean sensor or grille. I cleaned the grille and nothing is obstructing it. Where is the collision sensor? @FordTechOne help me!

Thanks!

Edit: Now its saying front camera malfunction; I have the mid package so I don't have a 360 degree camera or front camera. I'm probably going to take it to a dealer

Attachments

• 20220901_105348.jpg
    20220901_105348.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s under the plastic cover in the front bumper. Driver side.8292D3A7-FE53-480F-8E36-B5AC53432A2B.jpeg

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As Antho mentioned, the front camera (IPM-A) is attached to the interior rear view mirror. It is used for Pre-Collision Assist. Do you have any aftermarket electrical accessories connected to any junction boxes?

gg0874

Reaction score
I am getting a Pre-Collision Assist not available. System will not let me turn it off and Adaptive CC does not work. I have checked the detector on the mirror and it is clear. Any suggestions? I have a service appointment for the 22nd. 2019, Gen 2.

Small Town Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2019 did this the day I drove off the lot. The module had to be replaced. Even since then, I still get the error from time to time, on misty/foggy days or when following a motorcycle while using adaptive cruise control