Pre collision assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brownrmk

Reaction score
Just picked up my 22 code orange raptor and twice the shift lever with not let it come out of park when the pre collision assist symbol icon is displayed. After it sits for a few minutes , it works OK. Ford had it in the shop and re downloaded the truck and said it was good to go. Made it home and it locked up again. Only 150 miles on the truck, any ideas?Screenshot_20221026-191908_Gallery.jpg

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they spray the bedliner in for you, or did Ford do it?

I had the same warning on both my 2021-2022 f150’s when the dealer had a third party spray in the bedliner. They would remove the tailgate, and then turn the truck on and that throws out all the safety camera/sensors and the whole system has to get recalibrated.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Did they spray the bedliner in for you, or did Ford do it?

I had the same warning on both my 2021-2022 f150’s when the dealer had a third party spray in the bedliner. They would remove the tailgate, and then turn the truck on and that throws out all the safety camera/sensors and the whole system has to get recalibrated.
I have that error every time I back up and can still shift out of park whenever I want. I don't think it is related to this person's issue. Pre-collision deals with the front sensors. Check all your fuses to be sure they are seated. You may have a bad forward sensor. There are two on the front. One in the bumper and one in the windshield.