PPF vs Ceramic Coating vs Sealants vs Naked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FerdFteen

Reaction score
I had the coat for a full year on my truck, but then traded for the M3, so it's only been coated for a couple of months now. My truck stood up pretty well. It was always garaged but got some water spots on it from some random water hitting it and the ridiculous Texas sun doing its thing. I used some water spot remover and it was good to go - can't really say that was the coating though as the product should have removed the spots regardless.

I was running gloss black 20x9 Fuel wheels on the truck that were coated as well, and those cleaned up really well and didn't really have brake dust that hung around past a power washing. Also even after a year the surface was still quite hydrophobic, including the windshield. I thought that was pretty neat since generally glass holds onto a coating way less than painted body surfaces.

I wish the coating cost less, but that's what all the reputable installers charge for a full correction plus coat in my area. I will say it does seem to be dependent on the size of the vehicle. I was in and out for about $700 for a correction + 1 year Feynlab coat on the M3, but I have done a lot of business with the installer, so he may have gone easy on me (I didn't even bother to get quotes from other shops this time around because I have a good relationship with the installer and he's gone out of his way several times to help me with my truck).

To your point though, the Feynlab is a much easier install than CQuartz or OptiCoat from everything I've read and from talking to installers. But they charge what the market will bear, kind of like Ford dealers with their markups on Raptors I suppose.

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here know of someone in the clear lake/Webster Texas area that applies the CQuartz?