PPF vs Ceramic Coating vs Sealants vs Naked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clemsondds

Reaction score
Got a new raptor this week and looking into how to keep it clean and new looking. I have ppf on my two other vehicles. I also have ceramic pro on my navigator as well. I have been really impressed with how easy it is to clean (black) and how well it stays clean. I was planning to put that on my black raptor, as well as ppf the hood and maybe the front, but I spoke with my paint guy and he begged me not to put the ceramic coatings on there...said it was horrible to try to paint over. This guy does all the work for our local Ferrari dealer...so I know he know's what he is talking about. So should I just ignore him and go with my original plan, or ppf the entire truck, or just go naked and repair chips/scratches as they occur? This truck will not be garaged for now, so that was another reason I was putting the ceramic pro on there...it will be outside all the time and is going to drive me nuts! I'm in the process of building a third garage :) Thanks!!

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It sounds like you buy new cars on a regular basis. Trying to keep it nice for the next guy doesn't make sense to me. Any difference in trade-in valves has to be negligible. If it's the last truck you ever plan to buy, then maybe I can see spending thousands of dollars protecting the paint. If you plan to sell it for the next hot thing in 3 years, it's all money down the drain IMO. It'll be fine sitting outside until the garage is built. Clay it and wax it once it's no longer sitting outside 24/7 and it'll be good to go until you are ready to sell it.

BajaLaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wrapped my whole truck in xpel. Will be doing it again with any vehicle I purchase with a high price tag

Last edited:

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got mine back this evening from expel and coating. This is my first vehicle to do it to and it looks nice to me. Mine is white however the parts like the tailgate plaque with flake make it pop. I could only imagine how black would look.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
Would you mind sharing what the cost was to wrap your entire truck? I got a quote around $5k. And the ceramic coat is around $1700

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Would you mind sharing what the cost was to wrap your entire truck? I got a quote around $5k. And the ceramic coat is around $1700
while the ceramic coat price is slightly high, the wrap cost that you're being quoted is actually quite good.

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t wrap the entire truck. Bumper,hood, fenders, lights, front of roof, mirrors, and pillars to help keep swirls out of the black. $899.99 for wrap. Paint correction and gold package coating with all windows was $1,899.99. I would say biggest thing to make sure is have paint flawless.

BajaLaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid 7,000 flat for full paint correction, xpel, and ceramic. UCC in Boston is ranked 9th in the country for detailing by DuPont Registry. Worth every penny for me.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
I talked with my ceramic guy yesterday and mentioned to him my concern about issues with painting the truck and he agreed with me and said he now does sealants on all his cars instead of ceramic. Geez just when you think you have a plan. Has anyone compared sealants and ceramic? Sounds like sealants won't repel dirt as well, but will do better than just a wax. The upside of sealants is that it can be removed easier than a ceramic coating. Thoughts?