GEN 2 PPF or Full Body Linex / Line-X Ultra?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OffRoader01

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm preparing for a full interior and exterior detail. In addition to that my original plan was PPF then ceramic coating on top. Running around $9K. Shop that does it is very detailed and will disassemble some parts to ensure perfect application.

With that I. Mind I'm hearing Line-X ultra may run around the same price. Totally different look but much more durable simpler cleaning. I had Line-X Premium bedliner on my previous F150 Lariat and loved it. Unfortunately I don't garage my raptor in the PNW. We get all four seasons. This home doesn't have the garage space. I generally keep my trucks 3-5 years max.

Wondering if anyone else has done the full body Line-X or heard of someone doing it. What was the cost and outcome? Would you do it again?

jbryanh

Reaction score
Probably a unique look that will only be set off more by the great style of the Raptor, no doubt! As far as ease of cleaning vs POF and ceramic coat, I would not think a textured coating of any kind would be easier to clean than PPF and a properly cared for ceramic coating. Where I can’t speak from experience in keeping a Line-X Ultra finished vehicle, I can tell you based on PPF and ceramic coating not only 1 but 2 vehicles - a C7 Corvette and Gen 2 Raptor.

I would be curious to see how the Ultra would hold up in “rub areas” around the fenders and front fascia where there are lots of seams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShadowViper

Reaction score
Linex: no scratch worries, can pretty much wash any method, should be low maintenance and uniqueness > 9000

The only issue I see is no real detail on how well the ultra holds color for X amount of years

OP
OP
OffRoader01

OffRoader01

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're only going to keep the truck 3 years why spend $9k to keep it perfect for the next guy?
Great question, was thinking more about keeping it nice for me and holding most value I can as I do plan to offraod in the Pacific Northwest and don't garage it which is rough on paint with our weather. Open to counter arguments though for sure.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a thread on this forum from a year or two ago about line-xing the entire truck. A dealership did it and there are pictures.

https://www.thehulltruth.com/sarasota-line-x/826259-2017-ford-raptor-line-x-body-armor.html

Biggest negative it is heavy. I believe someone said it was over 100lbs.

And if it doesn't age well, the resale value will be crap.

IMO, rather than spend the money up front, let the existing paint get beat up and then do something like this years down the road. If you watch a linex install video, they take a sander to the paint to create a rough surface to bond to. Doesn't matter what condition the paint is in at that point.

OP
OP
OffRoader01

OffRoader01

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a thread on this forum from a year or two ago about line-xing the entire truck. A dealership did it and there are pictures.

https://www.thehulltruth.com/sarasota-line-x/826259-2017-ford-raptor-line-x-body-armor.html

Biggest negative it is heavy. I believe someone said it was over 100lbs.

And if it doesn't age well, the resale value will be crap.

IMO, rather than spend the money up front, let the existing paint get beat up and then do something like this years down the road. If you watch a linex install video, they take a sander to the paint to create a rough surface to bond to. Doesn't matter what condition the paint is in at that point.
Thanks for that. I was not aware of the prep.

PBR ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my brand new 2019 from a full XPel Stealth wrap with ceramic over the top. Had the same on my 2013. SO EASY to take care of and looks killer clean or dirty, night or day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk